Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by wwjd View Post
    this is why I always use scopes.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by wwjd View Post
    this is why I always use scopes. I'm 99.9999999 percent sure this color offage is scopeable but not somewhere I can test that at this time.
    I can assure you that when I watch an actor walk across the stage and his coat turns from red to orange and back to red you do not see it on the scopes with everything else happening on stage. To correct one has to track and use hue vs hue keyframes.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Evans View Post
    I can assure you that when I watch an actor walk across the stage and his coat turns from red to orange and back to red you do not see it on the scopes with everything else happening on stage. To correct one has to track and use hue vs hue keyframes.
    Are you sure this isn't color temp related? Lights are rarely the exact same color temp that is even more true for stage lighting. Especially if there are any specialty lights for color effect. Something as silly as light from an exit sign could pollute the color temp of a small part of the stage.

4. Collapse Details
    Yes I think it must be an effect the only thing is none of the Sony's shooting the same scene have the issue with stable red throughout the scene. Not a one off happens frequently. Less so using V Log which is one reason I have switched to shooting V Log most of the time.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Evans View Post
    Yes I think it must be an effect the only thing is none of the Sony's shooting the same scene have the issue with stable red throughout the scene. Not a one off happens frequently. Less so using V Log which is one reason I have switched to shooting V Log most of the time.
    That I don't have an answer for. Maybe its due to how aggressive Panasonic is at keeping colors broadcast safe. I honestly don't know. Camera profiles do a lot of calculations however and perhaps the Sonys are also doing better to average results for those profiles to make them more forgiving. Again I honestly don't know. Just guessing since I don't own a Sony camera.

This might explain why V-log L is better on the GH5. Less in camera processing so you are getting a bit more of what just the sensor is capable of. A bit closer to the accurate results we get with raw stills.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234