Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Some easy motion graphics inside of Fusion

FQT003 (1).jpg

A few weeks back I had some free time, mostly due to jobs being postponed due to Corona. I had always thought about starting tutorials and had no reason not to start now.
    I'm usually a real footage VFX and 3D generalist. And for two years now I have switched from after effects to Fusion for most compositing. Something that Fusion is not that popular known for, is motion graphics, even though it's pretty capable to create some amazing visuals completely without the need for Plugins. And since BLMD bought it, you can even use to free version of Fusion 9 or the free one in Resolve 16.

That's the reason why the first Tutorial I made is a motion graphics tutorial. I am trying to explain everything so this should be good for beginners as well. While at the same time, covering alot of different grounds to show what's possible in Fusion. It covers creating of a shape using Splines, animating and duplicating the Spline, creating Particles, working in the 3D space and creating 3D God rays.

This is the video:

I personally like text tutorials, so I also wrote the whole thing down here: https://noahhaehnel.com/blog/create-...vinci-resolve/

In case you're not interested in a whole 40 minutes tutorial, I also made QuickTips out of the footage, the most interesting one is probably regarding the 3D God rays:

Video:

Text: https://noahhaehnel.com/blog/fusion-quicktip-003/

Maybe some of you are interested in Fusion and find this helpful.

I'm currently working on a (real) job but am planning a few other tutorials as well and would love to hear your feedback on how to improve the videos or text tutorials. And hopefully I was able to teach someone something because creating the video and text took ages
    Last edited by Noha; 05-20-2020 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Properly embedding the videos

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Thanks this is really great - I need to up my motion graphics game

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    Thanks this is really great - I need to up my motion graphics game
    Thank you so much! Glad it's helpful

4. Collapse Details
    This is fantastic. Just completed part #1.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoughla View Post
    This is fantastic. Just completed part #1.
    Thank you! Let me know what you think about the other parts!

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Noha View Post
    Thank you! Let me know what you think about the other parts!
    Just finished!

Very well done overall. Great combination of practical knowledge with theoretical explanations to understand what's going on. I also really appreciated the pace.

I'm now starting to apply this to an idea that I've had for a while but wasn't sure how to execute, so thank you!

The only times that I got stuck where when my defaults were a little different than yours, or when I had something different selected and didn't realize, but I was able to backtrack and figure it out. I am not sure if a true beginner would be able to do this, though. (I have some experience with the program.)

But as I said, I prefer this pace! I subscribed, looking forward to the next one and thanks again!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoughla View Post
    Just finished!

Very well done overall. Great combination of practical knowledge with theoretical explanations to understand what's going on. I also really appreciated the pace.

I'm now starting to apply this to an idea that I've had for a while but wasn't sure how to execute, so thank you!

The only times that I got stuck where when my defaults were a little different than yours, or when I had something different selected and didn't realize, but I was able to backtrack and figure it out. I am not sure if a true beginner would be able to do this, though. (I have some experience with the program.)

But as I said, I prefer this pace! I subscribed, looking forward to the next one and thanks again!
    That's really great to hear, thank you so much! I'm really pumped to make more!

8. Collapse Details
    Thank you very much, very interesting, I want to try it!

9. Collapse Details
    Noah, thank you, very comprehensive and helpful.

Greatly appreciated! Also enjoyed having the text tutorial.

10. Collapse Details
    Thank you guys! I'm always happy when somebody finds it helpful!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast