Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    This may not be the right thread, but we were having a Leica conversation earlier...

An interesting rangefinder just launched called Pixii. M mount, no screen, just a rangefinder viewfinder, and transfers photos automatically (and instantly?) to your phone.

Interesting for making you focus on what you're shooting rather than how! But APS-C (bad match for the lenses) and 2900 euros.

Attachment 139590

https://store.pixii.fr/products/pixii-camera
    A fool and his money...

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    You can already get a no screen digital Leica. No chimping pictures.

https://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2016/...-truly-get-it/

You could just pop a wifi SD card in there if you really needed to get to the pics before you got home.

JB
    Cinematographer
    New Orleans Louisiana
    www.johnbrawley.com
    I also have a blog

3. Collapse Details
    That Leica looks cool but you can't format the sd card in camera? And the same camera with LCD screen costs $600 LESS? And it's $6k? Lol

4. Collapse Details
    Honestly really changes the way you mentally approach making pictures ....

No chimping so you need to anticipate light exposure and focus ... and amazing thing is that
    like the film days ... 95% of it works out ... and the other 5% is a learning experience ... what to
    do differently going forward.

Without the LCD the battery lasts ... forever ... day or two.

One of my favorite cameras of all time ...

$6K is a relative value ... based on when you divest ...

I bought a Rolex Submariner watch in 1981 ... sold it in 2016 ... for 4 times what I paid for it.

Many digital cameras lose value rapidly because the manufacturers are always churning the market
    with new gear ... but Arri ... Leica ... any decent glass ... tends to hold more of its value so over time.

5. Collapse Details
    Shooting without a screen is an interesting exercise and I might want to do it for a week or two, but definitely not more than that.

I already did the "only manual primes" thing for several years, and yes, it forces you to slow down and think about what you are doing, move your feet instead of just turning the zoom ring, think about your aperture, etc. But after a few months it's just limiting. If there were zooms as fast and sharp and light as my primes, I'd go for that: changing lenses is a pain and by now I'm much more likely to get a sub-par shot because I'm lazy and don't want to change lenses, than because I'm lazy and don't want to move my feet. I'm going for AF as soon as there's a cheap camera with IQ matching my p4k and AF that is as good in video mode as it is for stills with the eye-detect thing.

6. Collapse Details
    For what it’s worth, the top screen on the Komodo is not that great, and you can use the camera like a range finder, but shoot 24frames per second....

......tough crowd
    Last edited by James0b57; 07-07-2020 at 11:28 AM.

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455