Page 1 of 55 123451151 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    RED Komodo to start limited shipping soon for $6k
    https://www.newsshooter.com/2020/05/...odo-6k-for-6k/

I think the Komodo would need at least half a stop more DR than the Pocket 4K to tempt me.

Yes, there are some design features I prefer about the Komodo, including RF mount which is awesome.

But I think I would use the 2 cameras for the same purpose. And people have now convinced that the P4K is adequately reliable. And a Komodo shooting package is at least 3-4x the cost of the P4K, so it would have to bring in more work than the Pocket, which I'm not sure would happen.

What do y'all think?
    www.AbeHalpert.com

"Captain, the most elementary and valuable statement in science, the beginning of wisdom, is 'I do not know.'" - Lt. Cmdr. Data

2. Collapse Details
    I think the space is pretty heated up right now. Once the R5 drops it will be a difficult choice between them all. To me, the main difference will be if you need AF and IBIS. This will lead one to choose the R5 or S1H over all of the rest. No need for auto stuff and the choice becomes more difficult. The BM or Z-Cam cameras are tough to beat for value. Then again, if the R5 really has some follow through, you get a pro stills camera to boot. The RED will be a great choice but their batteries and other accessories always cost a lot, so they will be the most expensive option in this little circle.

3. Collapse Details
    I largely agree - but I don't think that the S1H has usable autofocus.

Also, the Komodo will record to CFast cards and use Canon batteries, so that helps.

But I think that the Pocket 4K manages to undercut all the rest on price, including the Z Cam E2. Interesting times.

4. Collapse Details
    The Pocket 4K has a micro 4/3 sensor. And it shows. Personally, I think the image looks like crap. Blotchy color and poor sensitivity.
    S35 and Full Frame rule the roost now. I would tend to think the Pocket 6K is a more viable product compared with the others.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    I know nothing of this camera

nD? 10+ bit?

Decent AF?

The others omit one of these criticals?

6. Collapse Details
    Why CFast instead of CFast Express? I demand answers.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by yoclay View Post
    The Pocket 4K has a micro 4/3 sensor. And it shows. Personally, I think the image looks like crap. Blotchy color and poor sensitivity.
    S35 and Full Frame rule the roost now. I would tend to think the Pocket 6K is a more viable product compared with the others.
    I dunno. The P4K to P6K comparisons I've seen look remarkably similar and I like the color on both. I don't personally need 6K or want those bitrates. The 6K can't be speedboosted. It's a tough choice. As for sensitivity - I think the P4K is the same sensor as the GH5S and can probably work in similar lighting levels as the A7III and such once you speedboost it.

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_moore View Post
    I know nothing of this camera

nD? 10+ bit?

Decent AF?

The others omit one of these criticals?
    No ND. Only R3D 16-bit raw recording AFAIK. Basic one-touch PDAF that can do focus pulls from a touch-screen while recording. I'm sure they'll work to improve the AF but I doubt it will ever achieve parity with Canon/Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Coughlin View Post
    Why CFast instead of CFast Express? I demand answers.
    Yeah I thought they should have used CFexpress as well since it's the card of the future. The BM and Z-cams use CFast too though so no points deducted in comparison.

8. Collapse Details
    I was going to get a Komodo, but then I realized there was no micro HDMI port on the side. pass.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

9. Collapse Details
    I was going to get a pocket 6K camera, but then I realized in order to have pants with pockets large enough for it I'd have to gain 450 lbs. Not to mention things are already crowded enough down there and I didn't want my mother to think I was happy to see her.

1 out of 4 members found this post helpful.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    I was going to get a Komodo, but then I realized there was no micro HDMI port on the side. pass.
    Haha yes I know you hate HDMI on the side (although the P4K is full-size not micro). Yes, the Komodo has a BNC coming out the bottom of the back.

There are some superior design features of the Komodo. I don't think they would keep me from rocking out with the Pocket, though. For me it comes down to dynamic range and sensitivity. Tie goes to the Pocket because of the lower price. But maybe I'm wrong. Unless the Komodo kicks the Pocket's ass, it's almost like - why not save a bit more and spring for a Mavo Edge? Sure it's 2x the price of the Komodo and 9x the price of the P4K, but it has practically every design feature you could ask for.

Page 1 of 55 123451151 ... LastLast