1. Collapse Details
    Recreating Sodium vapor light HSI?
    I know you can use RGB in lights to recreate pretty much all of the light temps. Can you also do this with HSI technology? I have a falconeyes f7 and unfortunately it doesnt have RGB but it has HSI. Thank you

2. Collapse Details
    Some high-end RGBAW lights do have "Sodium" settings, but they're not going to be perfect. IIRC, LEDs have a difficult time putting out saturated yellows. Sodium vapor has spikes in the yellow and blue, but it's not a direct translation.

FWIW, here's a guide:
    http://planetpixelemporium.com/tutorialpages/light.html

and RGB values from in there...
    Sodium Vapor
    255, 209, 178

...and of course I later slap my head realizing I only half answered your question. Sorry.

What you might do is create a photoshop solid or the like with those RGB values, then adjust your hue until its a near match, and fine tune with saturation and intensity
    Last edited by mcbob; 05-17-2020 at 05:07 PM.
    Pudgy bearded camera guy
    http://mcbob.tv

3. Collapse Details
    Do you want to match existing footage shot in real sodium lighting, or do you want to simulate it? Real sodium light is the virtual absence of anything other than the sodium spike, so recreating that with LED is impossible because led colour mixing is done with different spikes in colour spectrum. Probably I'd be doing it with edit processing not lighting.

4. Collapse Details
    I was just going to try and see if i could match the sodium outside my house but i agree. Even with gels sodium is hard to mimic

5. Collapse Details
    My Hive’s actually have it built in as a “light source”, but I’ve never looked to see how convincing it is. As someone that used to shoot a lot of news and still runs in to it occasionally at sports venues in places, it’s God-Awful as an actual light source. I’ve only had one camera in over 20 years that could actually give a (relatively)clean(and acceptable) WB under them. My original Betacam.

6. Collapse Details
    I always found auto white balance produced bizarre results on the sodium spike - it sort of assumes the level at the spike is the general 'colour' and the adjustment can be quite unexpected.

Lee Filters produces a sodium colour for gelling tungsten lights.
    http://www.leefilters.com/lighting/c...tails.html#652