1. Collapse Details
    Play > Looking at Photos > always hide icons?
    Hi there,
    Got a Gh5 a week or so ago. All good except for one minor annoyance.

When using the Screen ... not the view finder ...
    I hit Play to look at photos. I hit DISP. to hide the icons. I only want to see the photos. No extra Icons.
    OK, they go away if I wait a few seconds. Good! That's how I should see the photo. No icons! (never any icons)

But when switching to the next photo ...
    The icons reappear ... then go away after a wait.

If I'm trying to compare minute differences between 2 almost exactly the same shots, especially when comparing the framing of the right side,
    those Icons are really annoying.

Is there any way to disable this and make it so that in that one chosen DISP setting ... there are never any icons?

Thank you!
    Last edited by Steve_Karl; 05-17-2020 at 08:41 AM.
    Steve Karl
    sightsea.com/music
    Panasonic GH5, 2 Panasonic GH2s - Lumix 14-42mm f/3.5, Olympus 17mm f/1.8, Olympus 25mm f/1.8, Lumix 12-35mm f/2.8, Lumix 45-200mm f/4.0, Lumix 100-300mm f/4.0

2. Collapse Details
    Does using the thumb wheel to cycle through photos when you have a clean display work?

(If not, maybe take a look at the menu options while in that playback menu. There may be a way to change/turn something off.)

3. Collapse Details
    NorBro,

Yes. The thumb wheel that surrounds the menu button shows the same icons. Clicking on the horizontal or rotating it ... same results.
    Also the same with the front wheel that is behind the shutter button and also the same with the rubber jog / joy-sick.

I did look through the Play category in the menu but don't see anything that seems related to this but I could be wrong.
    I don't understand what some of those menu items are.
    Steve Karl
    sightsea.com/music
    Panasonic GH5, 2 Panasonic GH2s - Lumix 14-42mm f/3.5, Olympus 17mm f/1.8, Olympus 25mm f/1.8, Lumix 12-35mm f/2.8, Lumix 45-200mm f/4.0, Lumix 100-300mm f/4.0

4. Collapse Details
    I wish I had the camera to take a look, but there has to be a way to turn them off.

It's an industry-standard to be able to cycle through your stills without any icons/messages/characters over them.

I would keep trying...display, info, some button in the right setting may permanently keep them off. Sometimes another random button on the camera may even initiate that kind of playback mode (like a zoom/magnifying glass, etc.) where everything disappears and you can just go through the photos with nothing else over them.

There are many GH5/S people here so hopefully one of them can help you (if there is indeed a way to do it).

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks NorBro

I'll poke around in Menu > Play later tonight and hopefully someone will see this that knows for sure.
    Steve Karl
    sightsea.com/music

6. Collapse Details
    P.S. Also take a look at pages 200-202 in the manual. Maybe a weird 'group picture' workaround if nothing else exists.

If nothing, you can use one of the thumbnail views to see them without anything over them but then they are of course smaller.

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the manual pages. Will do!
    Steve Karl
    sightsea.com/music

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    I wish I had the camera to take a look, but there has to be a way to turn them off.

It's an industry-standard to be able to cycle through your stills without any icons/messages/characters over them.

I would keep trying...display, info, some button in the right setting may permanently keep them off. Sometimes another random button on the camera may even initiate that kind of playback mode (like a zoom/magnifying glass, etc.) where everything disappears and you can just go through the photos with nothing else over them.

There are many GH5/S people here so hopefully one of them can help you (if there is indeed a way to do it).
    nice