Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Next-gen game engine on PS5!
    This demo blew my mind, allegedly running in real time on upcoming Playstation 5 hardware. Watch it in 4K if you can.

"Money doesn't make films...You just do it and take the initiative." - Werner Herzog

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Too incredible.

3. Collapse Details
    Wow! That is going to run on a consumer game system (ps5)? Stuff is getting really good

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
    Wow! That is going to run on a consumer game system (ps5)? Stuff is getting really good
    For technology/gaming people, it's one of those moments in time in which you kind of reflect about the past and your own life.

I remember and could talk about about the original Nintendo (NES) and Sega Genesis and PlayStation (1) like it was yesterday.

The drastic advancements are as depressing as they are beautiful.

5. Collapse Details
    Yes, looking back it's scary. My best friend had an Atari and then I got an original Nintendo probably in third grade when they came out in the US. And then remember the jump in graphics quality to the 16-bit Super Nintendo. Then the N64. I was honestly never impressed with the PS1, though... And always thought Sega sucked until the Dreamcast.

And from what I've read, the new Xbox is going to surpass the PS5. I guess it takes perspective of age and having lived through the early generations, but it cracks me up that people complain about the price of these consoles when you look at what they do.

6. Collapse Details
    I never got into N64 as popular as it was and I think Dreamcast was really underrated.

PS1 was nice, but PS2 will go down as the GOAT.

But I have never in my life heard of anyone not liking Sega Genesis though, lol. There are probably about 200 amazing games I can list off the top of my head. I mean so many awesome games for so many years.

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks for sharing this. It's a far cry from the Atari and NES systems that I grew up with.

At this level of sophistication, someone could come up with a video game that facilitates the creation of films. Choose your settings from an online database of thousands, customize your own characters, control your lighting, and even feed in a pre-recorded voiceover and watch as the AI animates the characters faces to exchange that dialogue. Export the whole thing in 8K ProRes4444. Edit, score, add foley, and distribute.

If it's not already being done, I'm sure it will be soon.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    I never got into N64 as popular as it was and I think Dreamcast was really underrated.

PS1 was nice, but PS2 will go down as the GOAT.

But I have never in my life heard of anyone not liking Sega Genesis though, lol. There are probably about 200 amazing games I can list off the top of my head. I mean so many awesome games for so many years.
    Dreamcast was very underrated. I believe the Dreamcast was the same game engine that was used in their Arcade games, at the time. Genesis had some great games, I just thought the graphics were sub-par.

I've had every Nintendo console except the current Switch and I think the Wii U was another one that was underrated. I still have mine hooked up and play it occasionally. But I couldn't tell you the last time I fired up my PS3. Never got a PS4. Honestly, the PS3 really only saw action for Blu-Ray's and Guitar Hero.

Just watched that demo in UHD/4K on the native YT app in my projector. Stood about six feet away from my 120" screen and watched and I was impressed. And you don't even have to be a nerd to appreciate the numbers those guys were throwing around, especially when you remember that this is a consumer game console.

9. Collapse Details
    Maybe I’ll wait to play last of us 2 until the ps5 enhanced version launches... I’ll bet they’ll have that and a few others out the gate as ps5 enhanced.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickHitRecord View Post
    At this level of sophistication, someone could come up with a video game that facilitates the creation of films. Choose your settings from an online database of thousands, customize your own characters, control your lighting, and even feed in a pre-recorded voiceover and watch as the AI animates the characters faces to exchange that dialogue. Export the whole thing in 8K ProRes4444. Edit, score, add foley, and distribute.

If it's not already being done, I'm sure it will be soon.
    There are already previz tools that utilize the Unreal engine...
    https://cinetracer.com

The limits are evaporating to use the technology for almost any extent of good or evil
    Pudgy bearded camera guy
    http://mcbob.tv

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast