Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    It's a visual opinion. Like some people shoot 8K because they think anything less may look inferior.

The GH5's slow-motion is decent, but its processing is hindered. It does not provide the best quality it can (for obvious reasons like price and because it's a stills camera that shoots video). If you had access to other systems and saw the results side-by-side, you'd see that the 180fps is soft compared to other hardware's output.

On a technical note, usually the higher you increase the framerate, the worse the results are (noise - chroma - compression) unless the camera is specifically designed for high-speed.

With that said, if you think it looks good then that is all that matters.
    nice opinion

2. Collapse Details
    Since I started this thread on the GH5's slow-motion quality, I thought I'd share some video that I shot. I had my GH5 set to 1080p/29.97fps at 100 Mbps and in the mode that allows for variable frame rate. I selected 180fps. Using the 14-140mm lens from about 10 feet (3m) away, I shot birds in my birdbath. This is how the GH5 looks at 6x slow-motion: https://youtu.be/QKUiXIVuFAI

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    I mentioned earlier in this thread that I'd had some clips with moire at 180fps, but after thinking about it realized that those clips were actually from the GH5S. I then did a comparison of the GH5 and 5S and was surprised to find that high frame rates on the GH5 were much cleaner than on the GH5S. Many of the shots in this short https://vimeo.com/441890666 are from the GH5 at 180fps.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by markoconnell View Post
    I mentioned earlier in this thread that I'd had some clips with moire at 180fps, but after thinking about it realized that those clips were actually from the GH5S. I then did a comparison of the GH5 and 5S and was surprised to find that high frame rates on the GH5 were much cleaner than on the GH5S. Many of the shots in this short https://vimeo.com/441890666 are from the GH5 at 180fps.
    Thank you for that clarification of the GH5S's video versus the GH5's. I've been considering getting a GH5S, so it's good to know that its video is not better than the GH5 in every aspect.

Your video looks fantastic, by the way... great shots!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123