1. Collapse Details
    Photoshop help with a poster
    I'm trying to design a poster for my latest film. My idea is to have the image of a side car window with multiple decals in the window. The decals are logos of Uber, Doordash, etc. (the film is about the gig economy). Does anyone know the best way to do this in PS? I would prefer not to have to obtain all of these decals and actually affix them to a window and I'm not sure how this would read anyway...

Thanks

2. Collapse Details
    Can you download the decals as jpg files? Then it’s just a case of importing them (in photoshop, file>place) onto your side car window image. Adjust opacity to suit, or blend mode.

3. Collapse Details
    You may need to adjust for perspective if the window is not straight on, but what Kubicixfactor wrote above will basically get you started. FYI, you just need to open the files, copy and then paste them into your base poster file and them move them over the area you want them to be and size them down to the right size (then "distort" to adjust for perspective) - there is no "place" command in Photoshop (but there is in Illustrator and InDesign). Then adjust layer blending to taste to make them look like they are on the window - you may need more than one layer to get the look you want, but I would start with the first layer set to normal (or screen or multiply if the window is dark or bright) and about 75 percent opacity, then duplicate it and set the blending to 50 percent and either softlight or overlay. You likely will have to play with it a bit but I hope this helps.

B

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks, guys. My main concern is perspective (as Say mentioned) and making them look "weathered"...

5. Collapse Details
    The layer blending selections often are all you need to get the proper textural look when placing an item on another surface. Let me know if you get stuck.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by say_doyster View Post
    The layer blending selections often are all you need to get the proper textural look when placing an item on another surface. Let me know if you get stuck.
    Thanks!