Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Collapse Details

2. Collapse Details
    It actually doesn't seem that bad to me. I mean, it could use a little more refinement and it would be nice if they had even more people to cut to. And it definitely reminds us that everyone is isolated and alone right now. But I thought it adds some of that tension that the viewer responds to on a social level.
    Screenshot_20200527-001540_YouTube.jpg

3. Collapse Details
    Danes over at Mydtjylland decided to have a drive-in soccer match. The intrepid photog took snapshots of the parking lot. The screens just have to be imagined.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52875444

PS. Bundesliga is piping in fake fan noise over the PA. That actually sounds OK.

And, after a goal, Bayern Munich now play Jacques Offenbach's "Gallop Infernal" from "Orphée aux enfers", the first and the greatest cancan ever written.

4. Collapse Details
    The Russian Premier League (RPL, soccer) has resumed its play. FC Rostov had six players test positive for COVID and most of the senior players (and coaches) had to be quarantined. They appealed for their match against FC Sochi to be postponed or canceled. But Sochi's owner Boris Rotengerg (an old buddy of Putin's) refused and said, "We followed the precautions and we're ready to go. If they're sick, it's because they didn't obey the rules". So, FC Rostov had no choice but to field a bunch of boys from their youth squads. The final score was the all time RPL record of 10:1. But the 17-YO kid in Rostov's goal also established a new RPL record by making 15 saves. Yup, without him, it could have been worse.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    FC Rostov had six players test positive for COVID and most of the senior players (and coaches) had to be quarantined.
    That doesn't bode well, does it?

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by groveChuck View Post
    That doesn't bode well, does it?
    The official Russian stats on Covid's lethality are (various estimates) 10-15 times understated but that's for the general populace. Soccer players will get the top treatment and, of course, they also fall into the "age and health" group, where the recovery rates are very high.

Still, one can have a reasonable profile and somehow "die from Vladvid ... I meant, Covid" anyway.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/...reports-a70629

(sort of Russian politics related)

7. Collapse Details
    According to a Russian daily SovSport, 35 RPL players tested positively for Covid since the restart on the 17th. The responses from the league varied - from quarantining the whole senior team to ... eh, nothing.

And, yes, SovSport means the Soviet Sport, the same name it was given in 1924. I was a subscriber (OK, technically, my dad was).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345