Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Anyone else having issues with USPS amid the pandemic?
    Not that USPS is known for stellar service anyhow, but since COVID started they've just gotten worse.

I'm on my second package in a month now not showing up on time and having to submit a claim to have them find it.

I always urge people to ship UPS or FEDEX as I rarely if ever have issues with them... the post office is just a big fat nightmare.
    Cameras
    Sony HDW-F900R Cinealta Cinema ENG Camera
    Sony HVR-Z1u HDV Camera

LENSES
    CANON HJ21x7.5 T2.1 HD-EC CINE ZOOM LENS (Keslow Modified)
    Zeiss Digizoom 6-24mm T1.9 Cinema Lens

Recorders
    AJA Kona 3 PCIe 4:4:4 Dual Link Card W/ Breakout Box
    Panasonic AJ-HD1400 DVCPRO HD VTR

Accessories
    Astro DM-3000 HD-SDI Monitor
    Astro DM-3005 HD-SDI Monitor
    Benro Fluid Head Tripod
    Chrosziel MB 450-01 & CLWAH-F4,5 Matte Box

2. Collapse Details
    I have one that's now 14 days late today.

3. Collapse Details
    Totally Usable Mod Stephen Mick's Avatar
    I’ve used USPS extensively over the last 15 years, and have never had a problem.
    Stephen Mick
    Owner/Creative Director
    Skylark Creative

weareskylark.com

4. Collapse Details
    Yeah USPS is always good to me, too. Metro NY area

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    I have one that's now 14 days late today.
    I feel your pain man. I have an HDVF-C30 viewfinder bouncing around their system somewhere from Indiana. :/
    Cameras
    Sony HDW-F900R Cinealta Cinema ENG Camera
    Sony HVR-Z1u HDV Camera

LENSES
    CANON HJ21x7.5 T2.1 HD-EC CINE ZOOM LENS (Keslow Modified)
    Zeiss Digizoom 6-24mm T1.9 Cinema Lens

Recorders
    AJA Kona 3 PCIe 4:4:4 Dual Link Card W/ Breakout Box
    Panasonic AJ-HD1400 DVCPRO HD VTR

Accessories
    Astro DM-3000 HD-SDI Monitor
    Astro DM-3005 HD-SDI Monitor
    Benro Fluid Head Tripod
    Chrosziel MB 450-01 & CLWAH-F4,5 Matte Box

6. Collapse Details
    I've not had any issues with the USPS. In fact, our postal worker goes over the top taking care of issues, dropping off packages at our house when they won't fit in the mailbox (down the road). We have a personal relationship with her. My wife often has chats with her on the porch.

7. Collapse Details
    I've had more issues with Fedex and UPS.

USPS has always done well.

Just this past week, I dropped off a box at FedEx, and their pickup guy didn't feel like carrying a heavy box, so he left it there for a couple extra days. I went back to that fedex and saw my package there. The staff was nice, and left a note on the box, and it went out the next day. But I was kind of surprised. I'm not strong and I can lift the box with relative ease. But they are likely over worked at this time. So, all is well.

In the past I have had a one day shipment take three. sucks when a 2lbs package costs like $75. I should have got my money back, but I was busy at the time and didn't have time to worry about it. Had the same thing happen with UPS, but two day air that took longer.

I tried to send a 7" monitor, and the guy at fedex wouldn't let me send it, because he thought I was lying. He thought it was a Samsung tablet. After some back and forth, I just went to USPS.

UPS also mixed up packages. They sent a $5000 steadicam thing to another address. And party supplies ended up at my friends house. Luckily, it was just switched boxes, and he was able to go to the other address and swap packages.

All understandable stuff, but I have used USPS ten times more with zero issues. With fedex and ups feels like every other shipment goes wonky.

I hear the USPS is under financial trouble right now. Something about the way they structure pricing, and the change in mailing trends, they are losing money now?
    Last edited by James0b57; 05-08-2020 at 04:35 PM.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Krumlauf View Post
    I feel your pain man. I have an HDVF-C30 viewfinder bouncing around their system somewhere from Indiana. :/
    Actually I mailed it 14 days ago today (just checked), but still.

Apparently USPS has a shortage of workers and lots of delays.

Tons of "in transit to next facility" complaints all over the world wide web.

9. Collapse Details
    I've also had much better luck with USPS than fedex and UPS.

USPS Priority mail has been far and away the best bet for me as a seller and a buyer.

But I'd imagine all three are extremely taxed at the moment. Bit of a thing going on.

10. Collapse Details
    My problems haven't so much been with the shippers, per se, as with the merchants. Now whether that is directly related to the shippers not servicing them or being able to service them like they used to, I don't know. Normally B&H ships in-stock merchandise the same day if the order is placed before the cut-off time and to me, free/ground shipping is two business days. So if I order something on Monday, I have it by Wednesday. Same thing with anything ordered over the weekend. It took me almost a week to get my last order. I believe I placed it on Saturday when their system re-opened and instead of shipping out Sun Night/Monday, they didn't ship it until Wednesday, which is when I would have normally received it. Quickly scanning right now, they aren't shipping orders until Tuesday. And I was talking to a rep at another big dealer and they have reduced their shipping schedule to every other day and only two or three days a week total. And who's tried to buy anything from Amazon recently? I've basically given up on them, for the time being. Besides "extended" shipping times on a lot of items, they aren't doing a great job protecting the customer from merchants that are price gouging.

I know we're in a very tough situation right now, but it definitely feels like we've stepped back two decades or so with regards to shipping and ordering.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast