1. Collapse Details
    CX350 Firmware update
    Version 3.02 released.

https://eww.pass.panasonic.co.jp/pro...DjNcQbBCwAUZgE

Includes Vlog.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Nice update! Here's the release notes:
    New Features

P2HD AVC-Intra 200/100/50 format recording are supported.
    * When you use the AVC-Intra format, the interval recording and back-ground recording functions cannot be used.
    The V-log mode was added to the gamma settings.
    When you use the 4K format output, 4CH HDMI audio output can be used.
    Related menu AUDIO > OUTPUT SETTINGS > HDMI OUT CH:[CH1/2], [CH3/4], [CH1/2/3/4]
    The following functions can now be assigned to the USER button.
    ADAPTIVE MATRIX: On/OFF
    AUDIO CH1 /2 LEVEL: Auto/Manual
    AUDIO OUT: Audio channels
    O.I.S MODE: Normal / PAN/TILT / STABLE
    Improvement

The operability of the expanded focus assist function has been improved so that you can see the focus (distance) value.
    The zoom operation from the controller connected to the REMOTE terminal has been improved so that the zoom accelerates slowly.
    Hunting (unnecessary fine movement) during auto focus operation due to touching the LCD screen and pushing the AF button has been reduced.
    SDI audio may not be outputted when the power is turned on with the LCD panel closed. This problem has been fixed

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks for posting. Here are my initial impressions:

1) Zoom controller functionality has been improved. It is not the best, but better. I still see the digital speed divisions kick in as you pass them but the jumps are lessened. Actually, the best performance I had was when I added a 20" 2.5mm extension cable in-between my controller and the camera. This acted like a little damper to the sensitivity and the controller was not as jumpy. With the extension cable I am o.k. with the zoom behavior.

What is also odd is that my remote zoom controllers act like they are in "fast zoom" mode. Snap zooms are very quick. Actually, the remote zooms are quite a bit faster than the camera zoom rocker. Strange. I think this faster zoom is adding to remote's jumpy behavior as the distance between the segments is that much smaller. The added cable might have taken some of that speed away. I will test it some more to see if the top speed is slower with the added cable.

2) I think the DRS function now works when a gamma is engaged. I turned the DRS effect number from 1 to 3 and three was pulling down some highlights. Very happy to see that!

I have not checked the features beyond those two things. The auto iris is still choosing to over expose a lot. I run it at -13 Exposure compensation which gets it to behave properly. This does not happen on my PX270 which pretty much nails everything. Can't believe this flaw has persisted this long.

4. Collapse Details
    Installed the firmware update and did a quick test. The issue I was experiencing with autofocus appears to have been resolved. See post 481 in this CX350 thread: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...post1986819828 . Tested the remote controller update using my Libec controller https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ntrol_for.html . I was able to do slow creeping zooms at a constant speed without any stuttering. Also fast zooms appeared to work properly.

Shot a quick V-Log test. Have not used V-Log before. It is my understanding that you expose differently for V-Log than you would for the Rec709 gamma. I prefer to use the camera's WFM for setting exposure. Does anyone know of a good tutorial on shooting in V-Log? Now that the camera has Panasonic's V-Log gamma, are there any recommended LUTS that can be used with the V-Log?
    Last edited by nutmegger; 04-27-2020 at 04:25 PM.

5. Collapse Details
    I am sooooooo happy for this new firmware. WOW! With V-log, I feel like I got a new camera! I'm so excited! I'm such a huge Panasonic fan. I started with the DVX100... then HVX200... now CX350. I absolutely love this camera. I'm also using the Varizoom VZ-Rock with good results too. Thank you Panasonic!
    Last edited by videomaniac; 05-13-2020 at 09:13 AM.

6. Collapse Details
    I'm interested to know how the autofocus performs with the new firmware, is it near to the new HC-X2000 or upcoming CX10? I'd like to see some test footage to understand what benefits are in this new firmware. Can someone make some test videos?
    https://www.behance.net/DaniloDelTufo

Camera:
    ---------
    Canon EOS C200, HPX170

Lenses:
    ---------
    Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM
    EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS NANO USM with Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E1
    EF 50MM f/1.4 USM STANDARD
    EF-S 24mm f2.8 STM

Workstation:
    ---------
    iMac Pro - 2.5GHz 14-core Intel Xeon W processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.3GHz
    128GB 2666MHz DDR4 ECC memory
    4TB SSD
    Radeon Pro Vega 64 with 16GB of HBM2 memory

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by nutmegger View Post
    Installed the firmware update and did a quick test...Tested the remote controller update using my Libec controller https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ntrol_for.html . I was able to do slow creeping zooms at a constant speed without any stuttering. Also fast zooms appeared to work properly.
    Just to be clear, the issue I was experiencing with the remote zoom controllers was speed jumping when stepping between zoom speeds. For example, a slow increase of pressure on the controller should produce a slow and steady increase in zoom speed. Instead, each speed reached had a little jump rather than smooth transition. Constant speed creeps are fine. Such a specific issue that I thought it is worth pointing out...

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman2003 View Post
    Just to be clear, the issue I was experiencing with the remote zoom controllers was speed jumping when stepping between zoom speeds. For example, a slow increase of pressure on the controller should produce a slow and steady increase in zoom speed. Instead, each speed reached had a little jump rather than smooth transition. Constant speed creeps are fine. Such a specific issue that I thought it is worth pointing out...
    You are correct though... transitions between speed bumps are not as smooth as they could be.