1. Collapse Details
    Sample files from the Z280?
    I'm thinking about buying either the XF705 or the Z280. I'm leaning towards the Z280 right now, mostly because of the variable ND and the intraframe compression options.

Intraframe is appealing because editing on my computer should be smoother (albeit with much larger file sizes than the H.265 files from the XF705). I'd like to do some testing before I make a purchase decision.

Does anyone have some 4K 4:2:2 10 bit files straight from the camera that they'd be willing to share with me? Content and length doesn't matter and I can provide an upload link.

Thanks!

2. Collapse Details
    Just buy the Z280. you'll love it. But serously, if you send me a PM with an upload link I will try to send a few clips within a day or so.

In the mean time, I shot this one weekend last spring.

3. Collapse Details
    Ha! I'm very tempted to do exactly what you're saying and just get it. There's not really a lot of competition: I don't want to edit H.265 - so no XF705 - and I want good autofocus - so no AG-CX350.

Anyway, thanks for your offer. I will send you a link.

4. Collapse Details
    I grabbed about a half dozen random shots that were on my hard drives already and I'm sending them right now to your link. I hope they work. I wanted to upload an entire XDROOT older intact so you'd have all the support files and could read the metadata etc., but Drop Box won't let me send nested folders so you're only going to get the .MXF files. I hope it works for you. It really goes against my grain to pull the video files out of the nested Sony structure.

5. Collapse Details
    Really nice exposures, compositions and operation in that Myakka video above. Looks like a fruitful weekend! Sometimes the greens are very rich, but I imagine that was true in reality?

Fhammond - as for H.265 aversion, why not employ a proxy workflow? I switched back from Adobe to FCPX last year because I had issues with Premiere's reliability, and I love the straightforward proxy workflow in FCPX. I no longer give a thought to my capture codec.
    www.AbeHalpert.com

"Captain, the most elementary and valuable statement in science, the beginning of wisdom, is 'I do not know.'" - Lt. Cmdr. Data

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Jensen View Post
    I grabbed about a half dozen random shots that were on my hard drives already and I'm sending them right now to your link. I hope they work. I wanted to upload an entire XDROOT older intact so you'd have all the support files and could read the metadata etc., but Drop Box won't let me send nested folders so you're only going to get the .MXF files. I hope it works for you. It really goes against my grain to pull the video files out of the nested Sony structure.
    Thanks you sir! Much appreciated.