Thread: The New Display

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    LG OLED C11, fingers crossed.

2. Collapse Details
    Looks like TV logic has an interesting LUT box. IS Mini X and the IS mini 4K. Both are relatively affordable, and they offer HDMI 2.0 so they can be paired with just about any monitor or TV, should you have to travel light. I am already slipping down the slope of spending money on gear another professional likely has already. But figured I'd mention it.

Looks like it used to have a Fujifilm branding. maybe TV logic bought it off them.

Flanders has an I/O box for around the same price, but is SDI only, it seems. Will have to double check that.
    Last edited by James0b57; 05-29-2020 at 02:12 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    Last week BH did the refund, so I am about to get the Eizo, but Eizo is now doing a good job of upselling me on the CG2420.

CG2420 over the CS2420:
    - 3 minutes to color stability. the CS takes 30minutes
    - better contrast 1500:1 vs 1000:1
    - better screen surface and matte texture
    - better off axis colour consistency using a retardation film, or something.
    - HDR input simulator (CS doesn't have this)

...and the $300 worth of add-ons I don't need....
    - comes with the $190 hood (was going to build my own, but if everything else is better, I might as well...)
    - comes with a built in probe (I don't need this but can see it come in handy, if I didn't have a probe already, than this would actually be appealing)
    - thinner bezel
    - better resale value??? should something happen.

That said, every hundred dollars I spend on an Eizo is taking away from a good production monitor, so I have been looking at options for a monitor that could be used in my home stdio when building LUTs and then having a cheaper GUI monitor. Been looking at TV logic and Flanders Scientific. May have to go visit the TV logic people after some of this lock down lifts up. going to look at options and then purchase hopefully next week. That return process took a month, and I am no longer in a rush now.
    Last edited by James0b57; 05-31-2020 at 09:55 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123