Thread: The New Display

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    AndreeOnline, that looks like an Awesome setup!
    I think it is, for what it is. So to speak.

Nothing spectacular or expensive in play. Apart from the "so obvious that it's hard to see": the room itself. I've got a small studio room separate from my apartment, which makes it easier.
    @andreemarkefors

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreeOnline View Post

Nothing spectacular or expensive in play. Apart from the "so obvious that it's hard to see": the room itself. I've got a small studio room separate from my apartment, which makes it easier.
    So true. Also, I like the neutral paint on the walls. I'm about to paint soon, though I am going with a less neutral colour, I am going with a grayish beige. While it may not be as technically correct, I like the way that a near grey beige can look warm or cool depending on the light coming in the windows. Reminds me of Monet observing colors at different times of day. I find that a subtly fleshy tone doesn't bother me, as long as it does not lean into magenta, orange, or green too much. Though if I were to really set up a studio office, I'd go grey. I am considering turning the house/shed in the back yard into a little studio, but that would take more renovating. For now my study will double as the "colouring suite", and right now the walls are too warm to grade anything in, haha
    Last edited by James0b57; Today at 09:35 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    Had a 65” in my living room and picked up a used 55” for a good price. Using a dirt cheap BMD MiniMonitor that sends UHD HDR over HDMI.
    BTW, the mini monitor is 4K now? I'll definitely consider that when I get an LG 4K OLED.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    BTW, the mini monitor is 4K now? I'll definitely consider that when I get an LG 4K OLED.
    Exactly! Up to 2160p30 and HDR support via HDMI.

$195 retail and I got mine for around $90! Good times =)

While not technically a grading screen, the LG OLED C-series are used in a lot of the largest post houses in LA as client monitors (not in the suite itself). And for what I do, my reasoning is that if it looks good/correct on my 55 C8, it's good enough for me.
    @andreemarkefors

5. Collapse Details

Nice set-up, Andree. How is it you always seem to be editing beach footage? #jealous

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    Nice set-up, Andree. How is it you always seem to be editing beach footage? #jealous
    I was going to say that I'm just reusing images already on my server for convenient linking.... but you're right: last one was Miami Beach and this is Punta Cana.

I'll do something from the Alps next.... change of scenery...
    @andreemarkefors

7. Collapse Details
    Exactly! Up to 2160p30 and HDR support via HDMI.

$195 retail and I got mine for around $90! Good times =)

While not technically a grading screen, the LG OLED C-series are used in a lot of the largest post houses in LA as client monitors (not in the suite itself). And for what I do, my reasoning is that if it looks good/correct on my 55 C8, it's good enough for me.
    That's nice. I may save up for that next. I currently have a HD Ultrastudio mini display, so I am running 1080p till at least next year. I really like 4K imaging. I don't need it, but certainly do like it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345