Thread: New (old) user

1. Collapse Details
    New (old) user
    Hey gang! I just found my old account and I was wondering if it was possible to fold this one into that one? I forgot I had an account way back when!
    KENNY McMILLAN
    www.owlbot.co
    @_owlbot

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by owlbot View Post
    Hey gang! I just found my old account and I was wondering if it was possible to fold this one into that one? I forgot I had an account way back when!
    Oh dope.

what's the old act, and what vintage?

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    Oh dope.

what's the old act, and what vintage?
    2005! I was shooting with an XL2, editing on a "Vicious PC" (which I believe was just one guy making rigs in his garage), and was on my way to film school. What a time.
    KENNY McMILLAN
    www.owlbot.co
    @_owlbot

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by owlbot View Post
    2005! I was shooting with an XL2, editing on a "Vicious PC" (which I believe was just one guy making rigs in his garage), and was on my way to film school. What a time.
    Woah! Early days.

Up to 2006 feels like first waver. '07 to '10 second wave, '11 to '14 third, '15 to '18 fourth, and after that was surprised to see people still signing up.

2019 end of saw massive drops in contributors. It is still the best place to talk cameras in relation to jobs or art though. I know there are better places for discussing this or that, and some places are just more visual. But nothing will challenge how you think about cameras quite like DVX.

Early days, first wave, this site was for the DVX, but also was a film making community. Strange to think that little miniDV camera was the only true 24p camera. Definitely brought out the film makers. As time as gone on, we've gotten quite far from the film makers and are primarily giggers. So, a pretty diverse members base even as small as it has become. Pretty incredible perspectives coming from very different backgrounds.

5. Collapse Details
    Whoa is right! First wandered in here back in '06. Often said DVXUSER was the equivalent to a master's degree in video. Mention a text based site to the nubes and they think you're from Mars. Still find myself wandering back here occasionally to get answers and advice from real pro's. Interesting that the stickies are as relevant as ever. Hi to the old dogs and warmest welcome to any fresh blood that's found it's way here. Best wishes.