Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Collapse Details
    I use a Porta Brace RIG-3SRK Large RIG Camera Case and Interior Kit

Originally bought it to fit FS700 with shoulder mount and Odyssey 7Q mounted to it. So for the FS7 its still huge fully kitted. Can definetly get the Medium version instead. But now i can also fit a zoom lens, accessories, lots of extra batteries, rain cover for camera, some tools etc. All ready to grab&go, always ready to shoot.

2. Collapse Details
    Absolutely. I can't recommend the TT Airport Roller more highly for a setup when broken down (see BEFORE), but it's very much a forced-fit as a largely "ready-to-shoot" setup as the height of the FS7 is sort of jammed in there per the top panel (see AFTER). In the AFTER pic below, the handle juts up a few inches too high and you have to force-fit the lid to shut the case. Forget about putting your laptop or other items in the top part of the lid in this setup.

FYI - The BEFORE setup works great. I'm not worried about things getting damaged/banged. Per the AFTER setup, it's a bit dicey. Not sure I'd fly with it, etc. Again, I just figured that out in the past two days here.

Again, if I had more funds - I'd get another bag and do this properly - but it's a way for me to get by for now for the intermittent shoot; I wouldn't want this setup for everyday use.

Hope the photos help the next person, especially with the broken-down layout - as it had taken me many, many hours with trial and error to get all that just right.

Before.jpg

IMG_2101.jpg

IMG_2103.jpg
    Last edited by thoomp; 05-01-2020 at 07:01 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks ,I have a back pack that is similar but no wheels. Can be a drag in a long airport. I have a larger Orca OR-8 that I use around town. Still can't have the camera completely built but all I usually have to add is the EVF which is quick. When I travel I break the camera down as you did in the back pack but send the Orca with accessaries and even some clothes in carry on. When I land I switch over to the Orca to work faster on location. A short 6" extension for the arm will allow you place the camera upright on a table and also attached in a bag which also helps for quick access from the Orca bag.

BTW I can't tell what you are using to hold the mic, but if its the standard Sony mic holder it is notoriously easy to break. I stopped keeping the mic in it long ago. Any pressure can break it. I suggest the smallrig as a stronger and inexpensive back up

4. Collapse Details
    I replaced the original handle by a SmallRig baseplate with short nato rail and a SmallRig handle. That gives you a low profile for traveling and mount / de-mount is done in a second.

IMG_5426_FS7.jpg

I'd also recommend the thinktank Airport Accelerator over the roller version.
    The roller weighs almost double and it's already half of cabin luggage limit
    I have been checked for cabin luggage weight quite often in the last two years.

5. Collapse Details
    I still have the original handle to keep using the XLR extension unit for one man docus. Couple of lavs and a stereo is nice.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    Being able to slot the D21 hot-shoe receiver onto the Sony handle with no cables or batteries shouldn't be underestimated.
    Peter Corbett
    php.com.au

7. Collapse Details
    Depends on what you do. For me the benefit of a low profile also for quick change from sticks to the Ronin and back is more valuable than the integrated additional audio connection.
    Last edited by Clermond; 05-03-2020 at 10:30 AM.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin.G View Post
    I use a Porta Brace RIG-3SRK Large RIG Camera Case and Interior Kit

Originally bought it to fit FS700 with shoulder mount and Odyssey 7Q mounted to it. So for the FS7 its still huge fully kitted. Can definetly get the Medium version instead. But now i can also fit a zoom lens, accessories, lots of extra batteries, rain cover for camera, some tools etc. All ready to grab&go, always ready to shoot.
    I use the Porta Brace RIG-2SRK for my CX350 rig. It is usually mounted on a Remin hand cart when I'm shooting car shows or racing events. https://www.amazon.com/Remin-Concord...8619701&sr=8-3
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345