Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    The firmware 3.2 seemed to fix the problem for me. In really low light it is prone to the micro pulsing in f-log but much better in other profiles. F-log isn't the best profile to use in low light anyway. Don't remember having a specific problem with the colour red though

2. Collapse Details
    so with firmware 3.2, is the XT3 back on the "approved" list of mirrorless cameras with reliable/useable continuous autofocus in video?

stay well.

rob
    smalltalk productions/nyc
    the story is never black & white
    it takes Smalltalk to reveal the color

smalltalk.productions

3. Collapse Details
    I don't think it's quite as good as Canon or Sony but for the few times I use it - on gimbal mainly it hasn't let me down. If I relied purely on AF for everything maybe I'd look at the other systems but then they don't offer a small hybrid camera with the capabilities for the price of the XT3. Depends what your priorities are

4. Collapse Details
    The only time I'd use the X-T3's autofocus is if I was free to roam around and shoot random b-roll, and/or if the subject was too difficult to focus manually (and shallow DOF was desired). In that case, I could maybe edit my way around any focusing issues depending on the content/final product.

But for longer interviews - keynotes - lectures, I wouldn't risk it if other people would be watching only that without any b-roll covering the speaking.

If it was a smooth transition in which focus was eased back into then it would be okay, but sometimes the camera confuses itself and goes haywire with the pulsing.

And sometimes it doesn't. Turbulent behavior.

___

P.S. The X-T4 looks okay in some tests so far, but I have also seen the pulsing.
    Last edited by NorBro; 05-23-2020 at 12:58 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12