Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Oh yes, Chris can pull it off. He's looking for a serious roll. Fair skin and light hair; so we're talking more of a Nordic influence, perhaps Viking. Ahh, a tall, powerful, Nordic Jewish Russian. Ok, we're getting somewhere now.

2. Collapse Details
    He is a truly funny guy. Never worked with him but would like to. I loved when he was coming up through the ranks on Letterman.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

3. Collapse Details
    Am I showing my age if I say I remember watching Get A Life on FOX?

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/gov-gavin...025203055.html

An LA Times article on the restart in the entertainment industry that appeared on Yahoo.
    Not in New Zealand:

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/a...nd-1234614092/

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
    Oh yes, Chris can pull it off. He's looking for a serious roll. Fair skin and light hair; so we're talking more of a Nordic influence, perhaps Viking. Ahh, a tall, powerful, Nordic Jewish Russian. Ok, we're getting somewhere now.
    Back, when "Get a life" was on the air, people thought there was a strong physical resemblance. With a baseball hat on, tinted glasses, a short light brown beard, long'ish hair with light ends, I could pass for a minor celebrity. We're about the same age. I think I am a little taller and, these days, a lot wider.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    Am I showing my age if I say I remember watching Get A Life on FOX?
    Yes, you are but I agree, that was back when Fox actually had funny live-action comedy.

7. Collapse Details
    Barry Diller, then the head of Fox and an "inspiration" for the Mr. Burns character on the "Simpsons", hated "Get a life", forced a number of changes to the show and then canceled it.

8. Collapse Details
    That guy had a really funny random role on Everybody Loves Raymond.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    Barry Diller, then the head of Fox and an "inspiration" for the Mr. Burns character on the "Simpsons", hated "Get a life", forced a number of changes to the show and then canceled it.
    I worked with Mr. Diller a few times. He was a dick.

10. Collapse Details
    I'll add a silly story to lighten up the mood (of my "Come and See" post).

April, 23, 1979. We're at the Leonardo da Vinci airport in Rome on our way to the JFK. We're coming to America! LdV is also our first "American" style airport with actual terminals for boarding passengers rather than a tram-to-plane system that still existed in the USSR. We're shepherded by the Hebrew Immigration Aid Society employees, who tell us to stand next to other Pan-Am passengers waiting for our 747. In that group, there are, obviously, quite a few Americans returning home from their European vacations. Next to us is a family who - this I don't recall precisely - either visited the Vatican or were Mormon missionaries, who covered the whole of Italy. Regardless, there were very friendly. "Oh, wow, you're from Russia?, one of their young males said to me, the official English spokesperson in our family. Technically, we were not "from Russia" since Russia only comprised one of fifteen republics in the former Soviet Union but someone told us a while earlier that, if you spoke Russian as your native tongue, you were "from Russia". Both of my parents also spoke Yiddish fluently but, be it as it may, we were Russians from Russia. 747 was nowhere in sight, so we continued talking. "So, where are you going?", the young gentleman continued. "Milwaukee", I replied. It likely sounded like either "Mil-voki" or "Milu-oki", since my accent was pretty thick then. "Oh, Milwaukee?", exclaimed my interlocutor. "Home of the Brewers!", he quickly added to show off his knowledge of the city history. Naturally, it elicited only a blank stare from moi. "What are the Brewers?", I asked. My new friend was quick with a response. "You see, Milwaukee is the beer capital of the United States and it is home to several beer manufacturers and their local baseball team is named the Milwaukee Brewers". That elicited even a blanker stare. "What is baseball?"

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast