Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    This happened in the great recession - lots of people picking up creative crafts because they suddenly didn't seem so insecure once the rug got pulled out from their corporate job. Whether or not it happens this time round depends on how long the recovery takes and how it's shaped.

Never been a better time to start a YouTube cooking show!
    At least in the “youtube” realm, people are already flooding to become the next channel or influencer or content creator. It’s already inspiring people to pick up a camera. The talent pool is going to grow.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    At least in the “youtube” realm, people are already flooding to become the next channel or influencer or content creator. It’s already inspiring people to pick up a camera. The talent pool is going to grow.
    The silver lining there is that they might use a camera but they won't compete with freelance cameramen/DPs or erode our rates IMO.

And they might have a problem right now because advertising revenues are in the toilet. I would imagine that youtubers who are currently profitable are seeing less ad money per views (although views are probably up). Then again, the revenue may rebound by the time someone who starts now develops a following.

3. Collapse Details
    Another article talking with producers like Jason Blum about how Production will restart: https://nofilmschool.com/hollywood-future

Unrelated - US DARPA is developing a covid blood test that can detect an infection 4 days before you become contagious. Could be instrumental in preventing the spread: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...id-19-carriers

4. Collapse Details
    Survey says 34% of Americans will be less likely to go to the cinema and 40% will be less likely to attend large public events even after a vaccine is developed.

Maybe they're just saying that now and they'll feel safer once we actually have a vaccine, but we could be looking at a future where streaming services for both film/TV and events have an even larger role.

https://www.axios.com/many-plan-to-a...ddfe54ca9.html

5. Collapse Details
    Survey says 34% of Americans will be less likely to go to the cinema and 40% will be less likely to attend large public events even after a vaccine is developed.

Maybe they're just saying that now and they'll feel safer once we actually have a vaccine, but we could be looking at a future where streaming services for both film/TV and events have an even larger role.

woah

6. Collapse Details
    Eh, some early reopening restaurants have long lines and no "social distancing" to speak of.

7. Collapse Details

Maybe they're just saying that now and they'll feel safer IF we actually have a vaccine, but we could be looking at a future where streaming services for both film/TV and events have an even larger role.

Fixed that for you... ; )

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    Eh, some early reopening restaurants have long lines and no "social distancing" to speak of.
    "Phase 1" reopening started here this past Friday evening. I went to Dick's to pick up some shoe insoles Saturday and there is an Ulta Beauty in the same building. There was a line for the Ulta outside from their entrance all the way down the sidewalk to the entrance to the Dick's Sporting Goods. And they were definitely not six feet apart.

My buddy that owns a deli says that he's not going to re-open his "dining room" area when "phase 2" happens, because he will only be able to have about five people max that can dine-in. He's just going to continue with carry-out/to-go until there are no distancing/number restrictions.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    "Phase 1" reopening started here this past Friday evening. I went to Dick's to pick up some shoe insoles Saturday and there is an Ulta Beauty in the same building. There was a line for the Ulta outside from their entrance all the way down the sidewalk to the entrance to the Dick's Sporting Goods. And they were definitely not six feet apart.

My buddy that owns a deli says that he's not going to re-open his "dining room" area when "phase 2" happens, because he will only be able to have about five people max that can dine-in. He's just going to continue with carry-out/to-go until there are no distancing/number restrictions.
    I was at a Walmart in Morehead, NC a couple weeks ago. Went to a Walmart and about 5-10% of people were wearing facemasks. I felt weird wearing one. As someone there said, out in the rural area a lot of people acted like the virus wasn't a thing. Not many cases in the area as well.

Meanwhile in San Diego where my parents are, 99% of people are wearing facemasks at the grocery store. In Atlanta, it's about 50% wearing face masks at the grocery store.

10. Collapse Details
    I live in a rural area and can attest that we act like it isn't a thing. And so far it isn't. I'm personally tired of all the restrictions and think it's stupid and blown out of proportion but that's just me. The wife and I bought some bikes recently and nobody at the shop was wearing a mask. We went to Walmart after and it was the same story - a few people with masks, but most were not wearing any. If anything, I avoid people with masks as I assume they're sick. Healthy people wearing masks is pointless to me.

As for YouTube, I'm actually making more money now than I was before since people have been locked up at home with nothing to do. My views are up 300% which drives more ad revenue. So that's been a nice bonus.

The hardest part is that I was just starting my business as this garbage hit, so now my clients are shut down and will be for some time.

Independent Filmmaker
    BMD URSA Mini 4K/Avid Media Composer/NukeX/Blender/Mixcraft/ProTools/Resolve Studio

Feature Films
    Wulf - 2008 | Leap - 2010 | Leap: Rise of the Beast - 2011 | Surviving The Wild - 2020

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast