1. Collapse Details
    Distortion Removal
    I have some outside dialogue that I recorded with a Rode VMP on camera and I assumed that because it was a light wind day I could roll with just the foam cover on the mic -- well of course it got windier...

Anyway, some of the dialogue is distorted beyond the usual rumble and is inaudible. I've tried to fix it with Noise/Rumble reducer in Premiere Pro and Noise reduction in Audition, but no luck..

Any fix? I'm assuming not, but hoping for something.

2. Collapse Details
    Really unlikely. When the wind gets that bad it has stepped all over the dialog and you can't really get rid of it and have anything useful left. I had a similar issue with a film that shot on a Ocean beach with wind and waves and hardly any wind protection. I did what I could. The actors were no longer available so no chance to ADR it. Since it was at the beach where ever it was just too awful we put in a big wave break. It didn't help the understandability but it gave a plausible reason to not hear clearly. The kicker is that after an establishing shot it's all closeups looking away from the water. After the establishing shot they could have shot it in a sand box far away from the wind and surf.
    Cheers
    SK

Scott Koue
    Web Page
    Noiz on Noise

ďIt ainít ignorance that causes all the troubles in this world, itís the things that people know that ainít soĒ

Edwin Howard Armstrong
    creator of modern radio

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    iZotope RX might work. How much dialog is affected? I'd run it through for you.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DNN View Post
    iZotope RX might work. How much dialog is affected? I'd run it through for you.
    Thanks for the offer. I think as Scott said it might just be distorted beyond repair....Per his suggestion I might try to put a car horn in there (it's in the city)...