Page 86 of 112 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Another breakdown showing why you may want to skip Thanksgiving: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-is-dangerous/

2. Collapse Details
    In years past, it has been between six and eight people here at my house(usually the same for Christmas). My GF received a promotion earlier this year and will actually be working, so that takes her and her family out. My Mom also turned down an invitation extended to both of us from relatives to come eat with them, so I will literally just be going around the corner to her house for a (much) smaller Thanksgiving than usual(ever, really). On the plus side, I don’t have to get my house straightened up this week, now. ; )

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    ). On the plus side, I don’t have to get my house straightened up this week, now. ; )
    Take pleasure in the small victories.

PS I bought a battery-powered vacuum cleaner for Black Friday and it's a total game-changer. I have never enjoyed vacuuming so much (or at all really). No cord to plug in and be leashed too. When you take off the upright stick attachment, it's a dustbuster but the handle and trigger are shaped like a gun handle. You see some dust and you grab your vacuum and shoot it. It's sweet

4. Collapse Details
    A friend calls yesterday, "My wife's livid that we're not invited to an Orthodox Jewish wedding the next weekend. I am relieved".

The Orthodox tend to eschew the masks. I'd skip it, even if invited.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    A friend calls yesterday, "My wife's livid that we're not invited to an Orthodox Jewish wedding the next weekend. ..."
    About a week after the wedding, she may be grateful.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post

PS I bought a battery-powered vacuum cleaner for Black Friday and it's a total game-changer. I have never enjoyed vacuuming so much (or at all really). No cord to plug in and be leashed too. When you take off the upright stick attachment, it's a dustbuster but the handle and trigger are shaped like a gun handle. You see some dust and you grab your vacuum and shoot it. It's sweet
    You gotta look for that silver lining... Lol

I've often thought about the cordless vacs for the sheer convenience of no cord. Dyson makes some nice ones, and I've had nothing but Dyson's for the last 10 or 15 years. When you have four, and for many years five dogs, a good vacuum is a must.

7. Collapse Details

does it run off gold mount or v mount?
    www.vanheestvisual.com
    FS7 / A7Sii Owner / Operator
    MoVi Pro

8. Collapse Details
    We have a mobile morgue outside or hospital in preparation and governors are strongly urging people to stop doing anything not absolutely essential.

Quote from someone here from a group of people who think it’s all overblown and meeting with people, flying around etc: “there is so much data out there. We did our research, you did yours. Some people say this, some people say that. I don’t think we’ll know for 10 years. I respect you, but I feel peace about where we’re at.” This, after not bringing up a single point in defense of the position and taking at least a minute to think about the Lilly pond example given earlier and saying “day 7?”

I can’t even. Our state is completely $&@!ed and it breaks my heart what is going to happen in our local community as a result of this. It’s half people simply being incapable and half the misinformation age.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

9. Collapse Details
    It's very easy to be convinced of what you want to believe

10. Collapse Details
    One of them was Rob Portman - https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...-vaccine-trial

This other guy enrolled in the phase 1 trial of Moderna:
    The article doesn't state his reasons but he is obviously enthusiastic about finding the vaccine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...outputType=amp
    Great links, Abe- thanks!

Page 86 of 112 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast