Page 54 of 88 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Postmaster View Post
    but after the first cigarette break, the masks came down, and stayed down
    One would honestly say that smoking a cigarette announces to the world you don't give a fig about your respiratory well-being anyway . May as well give up the pretense
    Pudgy bearded camera guy
    http://mcbob.tv

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Yeah but as the masks are supposed to protect the other folks maybe they could be nice and not blow their covidian chimney breath all over everyone else.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbob View Post
    One would honestly say that smoking a cigarette announces to the world you don't give a fig about your respiratory well-being anyway . May as well give up the pretense
    It kind of surprises me a little bit that cigarette smoking is still as big of a thing as it is, today. Especially with all of the restrictions that have thankfully come about in the last decade or so. Another one that I have always thought was funny is the amount of health care workers, at all levels, that smoke. But, do as I say, not as I do, right?

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    It kind of surprises me a little bit that cigarette smoking is still as big of a thing as it is, today. Especially with all of the restrictions that have thankfully come about in the last decade or so. Another one that I have always thought was funny is the amount of health care workers, at all levels, that smoke. But, do as I say, not as I do, right?
    My wife and I were just talking last night about all the middle-class and higher people we knew who went to the same private colleges as us and smoked cigarettes occasionally or at parties. Which sometimes turned into a regular thing and carried on into the rest of their 20s (and counting).

Sheer lunacy. My mom's parents both dead in their early 60s from lung cancer - they were lifelong smokers.

Smoking seems to fall into the "oh, all these concerns are overblown" or "but surely I won't get addicted" camps, but frankly people should know far better, especially with such expensive educations lol. Maybe it goes along with cannabis and thinking that if those worries are overblown, maybe all worries are. But come on, people, use some common sense

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    Smoking seems to fall into the "oh, all these concerns are overblown" or "but surely I won't get addicted" camps, but frankly people should know far better, especially with such expensive educations lol. Maybe it goes along with cannabis and thinking that if those worries are overblown, maybe all worries are. But come on, people, use some common sense
    I take it you'd never ride a motorcycle.
    Big sources matter.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JPNola View Post
    I take it you'd never ride a motorcycle.
    Never is a big word. I'd never buy one lol. But hey at least they're not addictive and you're not DEFINITELY doing self-harm. Just potentially.

7. Collapse Details
    Maybe you could post a list of what you approve of others doing?

I'm craving a cheeseburger and need to know if you approve or not.
    Big sources matter.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JPNola View Post
    Maybe you could post a list of what you approve of others doing?

I'm craving a cheeseburger and need to know if you approve or not.
    Approving of other people's behavior is neither here nor there. I just dont want them to end up with an oxygen tank and an early death like my grandparents. Or paralyzed from the waist down from a motorcycle accident.

They can do whatever they want. I just don't see the benefit in the cost/benefit analysis of smoking cigarettes. But if they don't make me inhale second-hand smoke, then it's their right. I just think it's short-sighted and self-destructive.

Cheeseburgers I don't even believe are inherently bad for you. I dont think fat is bad for you. There could be other nutritional issues depending on how the animals were raised and how the food was cooked, but you're picking a bad example if you're trying to provoke a nanny-state reaction from me.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

9. Collapse Details
    Approved behavior
    1. Raising monkeys to fight sharks.
    2. Naked unicycle races with coed on shoulders.
    3.spending three days making ramen.
    Everything else is verboten.

10. Collapse Details
    Jesus, man. How many times does it have to be stated? Wearing a mask, socially distancing, washing your hands, limiting your indoor activities, these are behaviours not just to protect you, BUT EVERYONE ELSE as well. Yes, you might believe you have a superhuman constitution and are invincible to Covid, and maybe you are, or you could just not care and think it's a risk worth taking, but you could still carry the virus and spread it around to dozens of other people who are more vulnerable. Some of them might not even know they are vulnerable, as there are still things we don't understand about why it hits some people much harder than others beyond the obvious pre-existing conditions. Riding a motorcycle only puts YOU at risk, unless you drive recklessly. Eating a cheeseburger only puts YOU at risk. That's your choice! Smoking outside, in a ventilated environment only puts YOU at risk. Indoors, second hand smoke can put others at risk, which is why it's banned in most places.
    "Money doesn't make films...You just do it and take the initiative." - Werner Herzog

3 out of 4 members found this post helpful.

Page 54 of 88 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast