Page 1 of 89 123451151 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Coronavirus Impact II
    Quote Originally Posted by OldCorpse View Post
    The thread is locked. You can still read it, you just can't post. If you have something very important to say - that's not political - start a new thread; COVID won't run away, you have plenty of opportunity.
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by thefilmaddict
    Hi guys,

I know that many of you are from all over the world. Here in CT, Coronavirus (covid-19) has just started disrupting life here. My kid is home from school and work has slowed down. Luckily, everyone in my family is healthy. I wish the best for all of you.

I recently went to my local grocery store and had a surreal experience. I made a short little video documenting it:

https://youtu.be/C7YL0lENcMk

0 out of 5 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Rockin the Boat
    It might be a better idea to give a new thread a different title to the one that's locked - avoiding confusion. Also, if possible, it's probably a better idea to make the thread a bit more specific than super general like "impact". Just suggestions, but of course, YMMV.

3. Collapse Details
    A pathetic attempt to be clever, Eric, after the original, rambling, unwieldy, global free-for-all.

After one of the most interesting threads, in an unforgettable time in our lives (who will ever forget where you were in 2020?),
    and this is what you come up with?

You're not even following Corpsie's advice "If you have something very important to say - that's not political - start a new thread"

PS- note to Chris Young- hindsight is perfect in 2020

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    So, a while ago Cary and NorBro made an appeal for Apple to do something and kudos to Tim Cook for doing it.

https://www.housebeautiful.com/lifes...ealth-workers/

5. Collapse Details
    That's very cool.

Sunday night, 60 Minutes looked at Corona impact (great thread topic?) on businesses.
    A small Brooklyn design and fabrication company changed overnight and began manufacturing gear for hospitals, including face shields- 27,000/day.
    They also have employees giving extra hours to coworkers who are more in need- the generous side of disaster.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronav...es-2020-04-05/

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    I randomly mentioned Apple the other month in passing because they have the resources, connections and money - but I think anyone and everyone with more than enough $$$ should help if they can, and many companies and celebrities have been donating millions of dollars (or helping in other ways).

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    The NorBro 3-In-1 Hat/Mask/Shield ™
    With Google Glass/AR built in, of course.
    Ship 'em out on the empty LIRR...

(you qualify for celebrity status)

8. Collapse Details
    The LIRR is really empty!

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    I randomly mentioned Apple the other month in passing because they have the resources, connections and money - but I think anyone and everyone with more than enough $$$ should help if they can, and many companies and celebrities have been donating millions of dollars (or helping in other ways).
    The Chinese - or, more accurately, companies based in PRC - are making 120 million masks per day but are currently not allowed to take them out of the country. So, in this and the Bob Kraft case, connections help more than the money.

PS. Yesterday, a young lady in (I believe) Vitebsk that I ran across of a friend's FB page began to hand-make protective clothing for the local hospitals. Free of charge. I don't think she's even in the clothing/alterations business. She just wanted to help.

Edit - she's a makeup artist from Minsk. Svetlana Statkevich.

https://www.facebook.com/svetlana.st...381723?__xts__[0]=68.ARCCk6vw4eDz0eEvfdW50yfYPKUoEq4va9rQUXibZvtYng XCcDq7ehGXdFt2E5hGpALYoNSoeo-fyyi_iqQdYfTrVbUFfLHOGh7-eOHVjep-sUn6dN9S8rXIP9XyQpv5tsl6V99frsvIkOaEMP_pM0WK-VIBFcl4h0VPAS3nZHs0SHoLpbHhsEMgf0syPRhWgic6cl0Iz0s _iL22OL53gVCME6N7IIFk_-_2qQRKLxCJh5vKbKtqIFbNdT9jBA0k5P4w&__tn__=-R
    Last edited by DLD; 04-09-2020 at 01:10 PM.

10. Collapse Details
    Some stats that have just been released -

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cdc-relea...185459389.html

Page 1 of 89 123451151 ... LastLast