Page 72 of 112 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Apologies to all for running this thread straight into unabashedly political territory. My fault, and I've deleted it all.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    Apologies to all for running this thread straight into unabashedly political territory. My fault, and I've deleted it all.
    Well, you had help . At any rate, I appreciated discussing it with you. I've been preoccupied by angst ever since March.

According to the Pfizer people, life will be back to normal by next winter. And I imagine it will be increasingly normal over the next year as the vaccine/s debut

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    No worries!

4. Collapse Details
    Costco is now requiring face shields if you can't wear a mask: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/co...pt-11605240765 .

I think that is perfectly reasonable and something other stores should adopt. If you can't wear a mask in a store because of health conditions, then just wear a face shield.

5. Collapse Details
    The conditions that truly have an issue with wearing a mask are the same conditions that indicate the person dare not go out in public; namely severe asthma and chronic pulmonary disease. So basically it is nonsense that anyone in public can't wear a mask. Sure, there may be rare exceptions, but if you are in such a state that you can't breath properly with a mask, you shouldn't be out in public.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
    The conditions that truly have an issue with wearing a mask are the same conditions that indicate the person dare not go out in public; namely severe asthma and chronic pulmonary disease. So basically it is nonsense that anyone in public can't wear a mask. Sure, there may be rare exceptions, but if you are in such a state that you can't breath properly with a mask, you shouldn't be out in public.
    I agree. The problem is that (at least in my city, Phoenix) anyone can claim that they have a health condition and then refuse to wear a mask. This would shut that down.

7. Collapse Details

8. Collapse Details
    The face shields, in this context, are stupid, worthless and tantamount to just a loophole to wearing a face mask and do pretty much nothing. The persons exhalations are not being stopped or filtered in any way, so what is the @% point? Dog & Pony. Medical Theater. But actually probably do way more harm than good, because they are just giving someone a false sense of security.

9. Collapse Details
    Potentially infected droplets are being stopped so there is a point, some point. (To limit transmission.)

How effective they are remains to be seen.

But various sports/entertainment approved them. And we already have many barriers in businesses (stores, PO, cubicles, etc), which is the same concept.

The idea is to limit the travel, so something is better than nothing.

10. Collapse Details
    Only in New York... one performer is having a bit of fun with the mask requirement:

human-rat-subway.jpg

https://nypost.com/2020/11/14/buddy-...w-heights/amp/

Page 72 of 112 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast