Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneinapond View Post
    Page 18 of the GH5 Basic Owner's Manual.

Item 13 - Mode Dial
    Hi, now I understand, thanks a lot for your availability. I couldn't understand why my Mode Dial the ring nut has always been in that position on M Cine since I never take pictures.
    Anyway I had already chosen semiautomatism with aperture priority, going inside the GH5 Menu and choosing "A". I think it's the same thing. It's right?

A last question please: in your opinion is it better to choose aperture priority or shutter speed priority?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    It seems that you are having dynamic range issues. What picture profile are you shooting with? You most definitely need to shoot in V-Log-L for the most dynamic range, but it's possible that the GH5 just doesn't have enough dynamic range for the scene you are shooting. Try renting the Panasonic S1/S1H and see if the extra 2+ stops of dynamic range helps you capture your shots in the manner you desire.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Waooo, Panasonic S1/ is a nice camera, thanks for for reporting. In your opinion, in practice is it just higher than the GH5 or much better for shooting in difficult conditions ?
    Now use "Natural" profile and I lowered Contrast, Colours and NR at -2. Do you think Cinelike-D is a better option for me?
    I will think about V-Log-L but now I have to use the set I already have.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxAdriano View Post
    Waooo, Panasonic S1/ is a nice camera, thanks for for reporting. In your opinion, in practice is it just higher than the GH5 or much better for shooting in difficult conditions ?
    Now use "Natural" profile and I lowered Contrast, Colours and NR at -2. Do you think Cinelike-D is a better option for me?
    I will think about V-Log-L but now I have to use the set I already have.
    Well, the S1 has less features than the GH5, even with the V-Log upgrade. But it does have much higher dynamic range when using V-Log or HLG profiles. You should not be using Natural or Cine-D in such a high dynamic range scene. Use V-Log-L or HLG. If you can't afford the V-Log-L upgrade, you can use HLG for free.

5. Collapse Details
    I downloaded the first file. Its anoying because the interesting part of the image (dancers) are dark while the sky and floor are not. Really a composition and planning problem as one would want to do them not at midday and keep the sky out of shot but the file seems to me technically very good once pulled about a bit in the grade.

The good thing you have done is not lose the highlights so they can be brought back a bit.

angola_1.1.1.jpg
    Last edited by morgan_moore; 04-13-2020 at 04:05 AM.

6. Collapse Details
    "to get good shots in Africa"

Use..
    shade
    magic hour
    reflectoors
    backlight

(same formula as the rest of the planet )

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by morgan_moore View Post
    I downloaded the first file. Its anoying because the interesting part of the image (dancers) are dark while the sky and floor are not. Really a composition and planning problem as one would want to do them not at midday and keep the sky out of shot but the file seems to me technically very good once pulled about a bit in the grade.

The good thing you have done is not lose the highlights so they can be brought back a bit.

Hey morgan, you made a good work but that clip is very different then other clips I have on the timeline, therefore I can't add a clip like it.
    Could you tell me what is the problem of that clip? Is it only underexposed or have other problems too?
    Last edited by FoxAdriano; 04-13-2020 at 08:01 AM.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by estarkey7 View Post
    You should not be using Natural or Cine-D in such a high dynamic range scene. Use V-Log-L or HLG. If you can't afford the V-Log-L upgrade, you can use HLG for free.
    Could you be more detailed in your reply please? Could I use HLG even with my GH5? Where could I find that HLG profile? Can I change the colors as I'm doing now or do I have to do it in a totally different way and study this HLG profile before using it?

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxAdriano View Post
    Hey morgan, you made a good work but that clip is very different then other clips I have on the timeline, therefore I can't add a clip like it.
    Could you tell me what is the problem of that clip? Is it only underexposed or have other problems too?
    I think the clip is perfectly exposed considering the composition. By composing with so much sky you are forced to stop down, hold the sky and then naturally the rest becomes a bit under. I odnt think you could have done better.

10. Collapse Details
    Yes, I agree with you, but it is not a pic, it is a clip and I can't addit to the timeline because the other clips are different.
    Look at this clii: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zcfy35sufn...a%202.MOV?dl=0
    It is overexposed but it is useful to understand how the other clips are.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast