Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxAdriano View Post

Is it possible to film with aperture priority with the GH5?
    Yes, it is possible to film with aperture priority. Put the dial on M Cine (movie camera icon). Then in the upper left hand corner of the LCD screen touch the box. It will bring up a sub menu where you can choose aperture priority or shutter priority etc. You can combine this with auto ISO if desired.

Although the clip wasn't particularly a beauty shot, it looked okay to me. The fault you describe is ambiguous. In other words, I'm not sure what your expectation is of how it should look. It would probably take only a minor adjustment in post to the white balance and exposure to bring it in line with your expectation.

2. Collapse Details
    "You don't specify the lens you are using."

I use Leica 12-60
    Last edited by FoxAdriano; 04-10-2020 at 06:13 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    "The modified natural profile results in a slightly flat image, so it needs a contrast adjustment, let me clarify, a selective contrast adjustment, don't just crank the contrast slider and expect good results. "

Hey Ima, could you specify better please? What do you mean with "a contrast adjustment"? I use Edius 9. I'm noticing when I shot with the sun at maximum, I need to lower it further in contrast. In post I always choose -2 or -3 to get good clips, I don't need to incresae the contrast.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Imamacuser View Post
    The modified natural profile results in a slightly flat image, so it needs a contrast adjustment, let me clarify, a selective contrast adjustment, don't just crank the contrast slider and expect good results.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Roper View Post
    Yes, it is possible to film with aperture priority. Put the dial on M Cine (movie camera icon). Then in the upper left hand corner of the LCD screen touch the box. It will bring up a sub menu where you can choose aperture priority or shutter priority etc. You can combine this with auto ISO if desired.

Although the clip wasn't particularly a beauty shot, it looked okay to me. The fault you describe is ambiguous. In other words, I'm not sure what your expectation is of how it should look. It would probably take only a minor adjustment in post to the white balance and exposure to bring it in line with your expectation.

I will do that test. But I'd like to understand better please. Why are you telling to choose "M Cine" instead of "Natural"? I think "Natural" with -2 you get the flattest possible image with the GH5.

Out of curiosity: in your opinion is it better to coose aperture priority or shutter speed priority?

PS: sorry, I don't understand fine. where is "M Cine"? I read also the GH5 manual but I don't notice it.

5. Collapse Details
    .... Why are you telling to choose "M Cine" instead of "Natural"? I think "Natural" with -2 you get the flattest possible image with the GH5.
    Tom means set the top dial (video icon), not talking about picture profiles.

6. Collapse Details
    There are a lot of techniques for achieving selective contrast, I'm not familiar with Edius, but it should support "RGB curves" adjustments.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneinapond View Post
    Tom means set the top dial (video icon), not talking about picture profiles.
    Sorry but I still do not understand, also because it is not specified in the Manual. Please, could you tell me where it is precisely?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Imamacuser View Post
    There are a lot of techniques for achieving selective contrast, I'm not familiar with Edius, but it should support "RGB curves" adjustments.
    Sure, I used it, maybe not correctly, but I have improved the clip. Now I see it a little better, but always ugly and I will never be able to add it to the other clips.

9. Collapse Details
    It's difficult for us to know how it should look since we weren't there. One technique I use to help me grade an image accurate to what I saw, is to take a picture of the scene I'm videoing, and grade the video to match the photo. I find this method especially useful when I'm grading footage I shot in a flat or log picture profile.

10. Collapse Details
    Sorry but I still do not understand, also because it is not specified in the Manual. Please, could you tell me where it is precisely?
    Page 18 of the GH5 Basic Owner's Manual.

Item 13 - Mode Dial

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast