1. Collapse Details
    Mark II -- Test Shoots
    I've got a couple test shoots I wanted to share, both testing different aspects of the C500mkII.

The first one, a video lookbook for Aviator Nation, was primarily to test the image. I used a Canon 24-105mm with IS turned on since raw doesn't allow for EIS. It was shot at 48fps just to get a slightly dremier tone, and to make it a bit easier to focus on the clothes. As with the second video, it was edited and colored in resolve:

The second video was more of a strict test shoot, and for this one we were shooting 4K XF-AVC, with a Nikkor 50mm and Letus35 AnamorphX 1.3x adapter. This was to test the image, as well as the "manual" EIS and anamorphic capabilities, which I believe handled rather well. As with the Aviator Nation shoot I was completely handheld, and while I was trying to keep things steady I didn't try too hard (at one point sticking the camera out of a moving car on a dirt backroad to film the train) and it still worked out okay.

Obviously the raw has way more color depth and handles getting pushed around easier in Resolve but I found the XF-AVC more than capable. I will say, I am shooting a custom picture profile that I came to by shooting a color chart with an Alexa and the C500 and, using a color chart, matched the C500 as best I could using the internal color adjustments in the Canon with the Alexa.

Since we're all stuck at home, the next thing I'm working on is using the same footage and affecting a different "film stock-y" look from scratch. Just for kicks. I'll share that when I'm done!

6 out of 8 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Nicely done! Thanks for sharing.
    Director | Making Lemonade: Our Covid 19 Story
    (warning: this film contains 0% politics, 0% conspiracies, & 100% optimism)

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks brotha!
    KENNY McMILLAN
    www.owlbot.co
    @_owlbot

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Here's the re-grade. Really just keeping me occupied while I can't film any new stuff

KENNY McMILLAN
    www.owlbot.co
    @_owlbot

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    What's not to like? Thanks for sharing.
    New Website: www.liamhall.net
    TWITTER: @FilmLiam
    INSTAGRAM: @picsbyliam

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by owlbot View Post
    I am shooting a custom picture profile that I came to by shooting a color chart with an Alexa and the C500 and, using a color chart, matched the C500 as best I could using the internal color adjustments in the Canon with the Alexa.
    Is there any chance I could get that picture profile from you? I was gonna do this exact same thing before this mess took over the country. Now my access to the Alexa camera that I was gonna use for my test is no more.

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks for sharing these. I especially appreciate your rolling with both RAW and XF-AVC, and your comments about working with both.
    ----------
    Jim Feeley
    POV Media