1. Collapse Details
    workflow consensus for color grading mixed footage
    I'd like to see if there is a standard or common practice to color mixed footage ( in this case FS5 FS7 RAW Log2 & Log3) Start with input LUTs from Log? ACES?
    I am not a colorist, I just want to have a better awareness of this, but I'm looking for details.

2. Collapse Details
    Could you rephrase the question? Are you trying to figure out how to animate transitions?

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by forbyfiev View Post
    I'd like to see if there is a standard or common practice to color mixed footage ( in this case FS5 FS7 RAW Log2 & Log3) Start with input LUTs from Log? ACES?
    I am not a colorist, I just want to have a better awareness of this, but I'm looking for details.
    Assuming the capturing was done professionally, i.e. correct exposure and white balance (for the non-raw sources), ACES will work perfectly, as it is designed for handling mixed sources.

4. Collapse Details
    I'm never the editor or colorist, just trying to be more aware. I know what has been done on my past projects, but would like to know what is considered proper or standard practice.
    I'm looking for specifics on what would be done with 2 similar but not matched cameras.
    Exposures and white balance are proper. What would be the steps that would be common or standard ?

5. Collapse Details
    If you're working in Adobe Premiere Pro, be sure to check out CineMatch - it's a new plugin that's designed specifically to aid in camera matching.

Disclaimer: I work for FilmConvert, makers of CineMatch

6. Collapse Details
    100% agree with Cary about using ACES for this. Also, shoot a chip chart for reference for each camera, and at each new lighting setup, location, etc.