1. Collapse Details
    Can a DVX200 (or HVX100) be connected to and send video to a Mac screen.
    I guess this would have to be through USB. I need to teach video online now due to COVID19 and the closing of our campus. I will be using an app called ZOOM which allows for online meetings. If I can get the output of the camera to appear on my desktop I can share that with students. I have access to a DVX200 and HVX100 and can get access to a Panasonic AC-30 and a Panasonic AG-UX180. I also have access to a handycam, a Canon Vixia HFR400.

I am unfamiliar with using cameras as input devices for computer desktops, so not sure how to do this.

Hope everyone is staying well and isolated.

Thanks.

2. Collapse Details
    I don't know about macs; on a Windows system I picked up a BlackMagic Decklink Mini Recorder 4K, which allows monitoring or input of either the HDMI or SDI feed. You may need something similar on the mac. Might be a card, might be an Intensity (USB 3.0/Lightning connector).

3. Collapse Details
    You might be able to output through firewire, if your Mac is old enough to have firewire ports. You'll likely need some sort of software to get it to work with Zoom. Here's a video of a guy capturing the firewire feed through Adobe OnLocation.

4. Collapse Details
    I have a simmilar problem. If you want to produce a live-stream to a closed (private) circle of user say with YT you need a capture card like the Pengo, Capture Card HDMI Grabber USB Capture (Card/Box) Live Streaming for Mac Windows Linux System,... and the OBS (open broadcast system) Software (is free). You can buy a capture Card for approx. $120,-- (as of here in Europe...). Hope that helps. By the way, you can use any cam...
    Good Luck
    Jack

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks, everyone. Seems like the key is a capture card that is compatible with my Macbook Air.