1. Collapse Details
    Anyone have a low cost LED Ringlight they like?
    Started searching for a low cost, realtively small (10"?) and light LED Ringlight and the amount of choice is ridiculous.
    Not looking at high end for fashion or beauty, thinking low end for Live Streaming clients. Anyone have or use
    an $80.00 to $200.00 LED ringlight they like for Vlogging and live streaming?

It's all cheap Chinese stuff in this price range but some of it must be usable and will work for a while? Higher CRI and TLCI would be a plus.

Too many choices and most of the user feedback and recommendations sound bogus.

Got one you like?

Thanks.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

2. Collapse Details
    I bought the 19" Dracast bi-color LED ring light from B&H last year for $105, but I just looked and it's been discontinued. Their recommended replacement for it is $45 more(on-sale) and I've never heard of the brand.

I borrowed a friends Smith-Victor last year for a college basketball shoot before I bought mine. It's 5600k only, but does have a 3200k conversion filter and pretty good punch. 19", $120 at B&H. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._light_19.html

RL.jpg

3. Collapse Details
    That's not bad. What do you think of the CRI? How does it blend with your other lights as far as color? Any flicker issues?
    I like the look you were getting in your shot above, thats a nice look for VLogging or webcasting.

4. Collapse Details
    The producer wanted everyone looking directly into camera and specifically wanted to use a ring light for this shoot. I'm not generally a ring light fan, but I was pretty happy with the look we came up with. I don't know the exact CRI/TLCI rating, but what you're seeing is straight from camera, baked-in look on a calibrated OLED. Camera was F55, baked-in/non-log 709 style look, pre-set 5600k, the ring light was 5600k, double edgers are Quasar Science x-fade bi-color tubes set around 5600k and I believe a Hive 200C set around 5600K splashing on the background, background was the schools studio: built in LED's(a lot of the big D1 schools have top-notch facilitates and gear). Everything played nicely together.

5. Collapse Details
    Check out Zack Arias YT channel, here is the RL he uses:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TRQ1BLR

https://youtu.be/w7wpvJzyZWI

A legend, making lighting tutorials videos before YT era, I guess he would have 20m sub's if he jumped in time on the train.

6. Collapse Details
    I'm old school.
    Still using my Kino Flo Kamio.

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks guys, good stuff. I'm not always a fan of the ring light look too, for me, it only looks right for fashion/glamour but I can see for
    quick set up live streamers, it's a polished look that is easily achievable and doesn't require a lot of lights to look nice.

They must be super popular since there are literally hundreds of models on the market. But just like the cheap turntable I bought for tabletop, there are
    really probably only a dozen models, most sold under dozens of made up Chinese brands.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    Thanks guys, good stuff. I'm not always a fan of the ring light look too, for me, it only looks right for fashion/glamour but I can see for
    quick set up live streamers, it's a polished look that is easily achievable and doesn't require a lot of lights to look nice.

They must be super popular since there are literally hundreds of models on the market. But just like the cheap turntable I bought for tabletop, there are
    really probably only a dozen models, most sold under dozens of made up Chinese brands.
    There are still some really expensive LED models being made and sold(some over $1300!), but yes, generally speaking, ring lights have become pretty inexpensive because of LED’s and the flood of choices/copies/knock-offs, compared to the past.