Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonbrooks View Post
    Bad analogy. You donít ejaculate anything from your hands that can carry the virus, and you can only ingest the virus through your mouth or nose. So as cpreston said, the gloves offer no greater protection than just washing your hands, and IMHO are potentially more risky than not, because of the false sense of security they may offer.

Jason
    I use disposable mechanics latex/nitrile gloves to handle anything coming into the house which are then disposed of safely and then I wash my hands. The hardest bit is working out your own protocol for when you have to change gloves and what you mustn't touch and then what you wipe down afterwards. The gloves are still available on Amazon for about £10 per box of 50.
    As I said though working out a safe protocol is the hardest part.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickbaldwin View Post
    I use disposable mechanics latex/nitrile gloves to handle anything coming into the house which are then disposed of safely and then I wash my hands.
    How do you handle groceries? Latex gloves every time you eat and cook? But the food is going in your mouth, so kind of defeats the purpose.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Coughlin View Post
    How do you handle groceries? Latex gloves every time you eat and cook? But the food is going in your mouth, so kind of defeats the purpose.
    Not sure if you're being facetious, but ...

Covid19 can survive on a surface for a maximum of ~72 hours (nonporous, things like carton are often much shorter), so you can either "quarantine" all your groceries when they come in for a few days, or cook immediately (heat kills) and wash your hands before eating / disinfect any surfaces that uncooked items touched after.

The gloves are of most use out in the world, e.g. this AM I opened my car door, put on a glove, pumped gas with the glove on, safely disposed of the glove, and drove off. If there had been anything on the pump, I could have brought it into my car, which is a familiar environment where I'm less likely to think about not touching my face, etc.

Pain in the ass? 100%. But a friend's father just died of cardiac arrest from Corona in NYC yesterday (no underlying condition, showed only mild symptoms on Sunday and then took a horrible turn), so I'll do this for as long as I need to until the virus is well enough understood and under control that I don't need to worry either about getting sick myself, or infecting someone else and adding to the healthcare system burden.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12