Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Totally Usable Mod Stephen Mick's Avatar
    Watching Schitt’s Creek. Need some good laughs.
    Stephen Mick
    Owner/Creative Director
    Skylark Creative

weareskylark.com

2. Collapse Details
    Actually EXBC on twitch (South Korean live casters that I like.)
    I had never heard of "Razor Shells" before one of their casts and actually saved a video grab of it at the time.
    Here's the Razor Shell clip I saved 7 months ago (4min30sec). And they are live right now. Good kids.
    https://vimeo.com/354795900

Movies...update later.
    "Remember To Dip the Right End of the Cigar in your $250.00 dollar glass of Brandy." -Doc Bernard.

3. Collapse Details
    Finally finished Hunters.
    Watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Friday night.
    Binged Tiger King, yesterday. Like everyone keeps saying, you couldn’t make this s*** up if you tried. If someone went to a movie studio with this as an idea for an actual movie, they’d laugh at them and say it’s too crazy and no one would believe it.

4. Collapse Details
    A bit late but just watched all four seasons of The Man In The High Castle. One of the best TV Shows I’ve ever seen. Made by Ridley Scott’s production company. Just fantastic all around.
    Sony FX9 | FS700R | A7S | Odyssey 7Q+ | Atomos Ninja V
    FE: Sony 24-70/2.8 GM, 70-200/2.8 GM, 28-135/4, 24/1.4, 50/1.8, 90/2.8, 28-70, SEL: 50/1.8, 35/1.8, 18-105/4
    Samyang 16, 35 & 85mm Cine
    Sachtler Flowtech 75 | Benro S8
    MacBook Pro 2018 6-core i7 2.6 ghz / 32gb ram / 512gb HD | macOS Catalina
    Hackintosh i7-8700K 6-core 3.7 ghz / 32 gb ram / 512gb NVMe / Radeon RX 580 | macOS Catalina

5. Collapse Details
    Funny, I just started reading The Man In The High Castle. So far it's amazing. Maybe I'll check out the tv series after I'm done.

Here's what I've been watching. Some are on Netflix. Some on HBO or Amazon.

Contagion (2011) - I watched this a couple weeks ago, just when the "shelter-at-home" orders were going out, schools were closing, and shoppers were decimating the TP aisles everywhere. It scared the bejeezus out of me. How did Soderbergh get it so correctly 9 years ago? It's still haunting my thoughts two weeks later as I watch the worldwide numbers increase.

Andromeda Strain (1971) - I wanted to like this movie. It was the only Crichton novel-based movie I hadn't seen yet. But wow, was it slow. And why couldn't they get any attractive actors to play the main parts?

Doctor Sleep (2019) - I wasn't expecting this to be very good and it impressed me. Of course Danny would grow up to be homeless and alcoholic. His ACES score is through the roof. I thought his character arc was pretty great. It made me want to watch the original again.

The Shining (1980) - I hadn't seen this movie in many years so it was a real treat reviewing it. I came away seeing two distinct themes that carried through the entire movie and interacted with each other. The upfront and obvious theme: male vs. female. Jack dominates and abuses his wife so much it's hard to watch, and poor Danny is caught in between. The larger more obscure theme: Native American genocide. The hotel is built on an Indian burial ground and Native symbols are seen throughout the film. Could the dead Native souls be exacting their revenge upon their killers' future generations by causing them to go mad and murder their families?

Cocoon (1985) - I hadn't seen this since I was little and it held up quite nicely. A good example of a sci-fi premise where the aliens are more humane than the humans. I could've done without seeing Steve Guttenberg in too-tight see-through swim shorts which were frankly way too revealing.

Empire of the Sun (1987) - Jesus this movie was heart wrenching. The young innocent boy thrown into the horror of war with all its violent abuses, losing his innocence in the most brutal ways, surviving at all costs, and at the end returning to his parents with just a glimmer of hope in his eyes. I'm not gonna lie, I was in tears. Makes me think our current situation could be a lot worse.

Silkwood (1983) - I love the characters of this story. Cher in an openly gay relationship. Kurt Russell as a southern man who's sensitive and respects women. Meryl Streep a no-nonsense tell-it-like-it-is working woman, a mother separated from her children, who dares to stand up to corporate management is phenomenal as usual, a force of nature, so authentic, and so young and hot too. Her performance is riveting every minute. And the storyline is ahead of its time: a weapons manufacturing corporation putting profits ahead of its people and murdering a whistle-blower to keep its monstrous malfeasance secret. Based on a true story!
    Benjamin Bettenhausen
    Mahalo Video
    www.mahalovideo.com

6. Collapse Details
    Bald and Bankrupt - https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=1mL1aI6aabs

I binged. The most affable person I've ever seen.

7. Collapse Details
    The Match of the Century - Italy vs. West Germany, 1970 World Cup semifinal. When I was a kid, my parents took me to our summer house (aka dacha) where we did not have a TV or a radio. I prowled outside of our neighbor's fence to pick up whatever play-by-play sound was leaking through his window. I came out very disappointed. Not with the audio but the score. Which had not changed in fifty years.

8. Collapse Details
    Tiger King - amazing jaw dropping craziness. Perfect lockdown fodder
    I love Dick - great name, brilliant little series with Kathryn Hahn and the Bacon
    This Country - amusing mockumentary on BBC iplayer, very English
    Sally 4 Ever - the darkest of black humour, Julia Davis is a comedy genius

9. Collapse Details
    Just powered through all three seasons of The Marvellous Mrs. Maisel. Loved it, a great blend of comedy and drama - and oh so gorgeously made!

We started Tiger King on Netflix last night, and that might just be the most bonkers thing I've ever seen in my life, it's next on the to-binge list.

I also somehow made myself sit through Rise of Skywalker the other day. That was just as awful as the last two they made. I'd been proud of myself for refusing to see it in the theatre (the first Star Wars I've missed on the big screen), but now I kinda regret having seen it at all. Don't waste your time.

10. Collapse Details
    Man In The High Castle - genius, absolutely riveting, great writing, acting, direction. I miss watching it.
    Six Feet Under - if you've never seen it, you must. Profound series, makes you look at life differently.
    The Good Place - started out as one thing, but quickly evolves to something a lot deeper and more meaningful. A rare network comedy that was actually good.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast