Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    What are you watching?
    Just watched a movie... as I do from time to time. Not often do I see lighting, design, color, camerawork and the story of a production come together into such a visually enjoyable experience. Leans a little to the complimentary colors of Orange and Teal but done in quite a subtle nuanced way. A 9.5/10 from me

Runtime 3 hr 9 min (189 min)
    Sound Mix Dolby Digital
    Color Color
    Aspect Ratio 1.85 : 1
    Camera Arri Alexa XT Plus, Zeiss Master Prime Lenses
    Laboratory ARRI Media, Germany
    Cinematographic Process Codex
    Printed Film Format DCP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCEYXnDNcrg

Chris Young

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Just finished a 2nd time viewing of Breaking Bad. Whew! Storytelling just doesn't get any better than that last season of BB.

3. Collapse Details
    This week I started Hunters on Amazon and season two of Altered Carbon on Netflix. Finished season two of Yellowstone on Paramount last week(probably one of the best shows on TV, right now). I also highly recommend Peaky Blinders on Netflix. I finished all current seasons a little while back.

I like the photography on Hunters. Some different and interesting shots that really work for the feel of the show. I really like some of the direct overhead shots. Very disorienting.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakle View Post
    Just finished a 2nd time viewing of Breaking Bad. Whew! Storytelling just doesn't get any better than that last season of BB.
    + 1 on that. BB is a keeper series for me for sure. What with work bookings falling in a hole I guess I'll be revisiting some of my fave series over the next few months... years or whatever!

Chris Young

5. Collapse Details
    Been going back through The Sopranos, it's a great escape.

I tried watching Hunters and got disgusted after episode one. Some good actors, great production values, nicely shot but the treating of hunting down war criminals as comic book fantasy really bothers me.
    There is something about the way it's depicted that revenge fantasizes the subject in the same way that Inglorious Bastards did that I despise. The reign of the Third Reich and the Holocaust and it's aftermath
    deserve more reverence than that in my mind. It's like all of this art is being created by filmmakers who are so far removed from the reality and horror of what happened that they sort of turn it into just a
    big fantasy thing. That rubs me the wrong way.

Tarantino is a really talented filmmaker but Inglorious Bastards made me write him off as far as wanting to see more of his films. I did see Once Upon a Time and LOVED it up to the last ten minutes which were frankly just stupid.
    As someone who grew up in the area when the Tate murders happened, in that exact era, I hate treating real life horror as revenge fantasy, it's puerile and adolescent. I was a kid when it happened but I remember the
    newcasts and newspapers and it sickened me as a kid, that there was that much evil out there.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    Sports fanatics must be having a hard time. I see that all the sports channels are running reruns of old games.

I may have to get a Netflix subscription so I can watch Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. Is that still being made?

I'm watching a lot of Youtube. I'm surprised they haven't had network brownouts.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    I tried watching Hunters and got disgusted after episode one.
    I though the pilot was pretty strong, and had the proper tone. But once they got into the Grindhouse flourishes in episode two it lost its way. I watched to the end, mostly because the production value was so good and, quarantine boredom, but...BOY OH BOY is there a ridiculous, absurd whopper of a twist that flushes the entire series down the toilet.

SPOILERS

Al Pacino's character was actually a Nazi who got plastic surgery, took a Jewish surname, lived as a Jew and realized the horror of what he'd done and sought to make amends by hunting Nazis. This comes out of nowhere and despite Pacino's attempts to make it plausible, goes over like a wet fart.
    "Money doesn't make films...You just do it and take the initiative." - Werner Herzog

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Batutta View Post
    I though the pilot was pretty strong, and had the proper tone. But once they got into the Grindhouse flourishes in episode two it lost its way. I watched to the end, mostly because the production value was so good and, quarantine boredom, but...BOY OH BOY is there a ridiculous, absurd whopper of a twist that flushes the entire series down the toilet.

SPOILERS

Al Pacino's character was actually a Nazi who got plastic surgery, took a Jewish surname, lived as a Jew and realized the horror of what he'd done and sought to make amends by hunting Nazis. This comes out of nowhere and despite Pacino's attempts to make it plausible, goes over like a wet fart.
    OMG, glad you told me, I would have thrown something at my TV set if I had endured that. Ughh, that sounds REALLY cheesy. To me, tone is important and a lot of pieces these days are tone deaf.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

9. Collapse Details
    Been going back through The Sopranos, it's a great escape.

I tried watching Hunters and got disgusted after episode one. Some good actors, great production values, nicely shot but the treating of hunting down war criminals as comic book fantasy really bothers me.
    There is something about the way it's depicted that revenge fantasizes the subject in the same way that Inglorious Bastards did that I despise. The reign of the Third Reich and the Holocaust and it's aftermath
    deserve more reverence than that in my mind. It's like all of this art is being created by filmmakers who are so far removed from the reality and horror of what happened that they sort of turn it into just a
    big fantasy thing. That rubs me the wrong way.

Tarantino is a really talented filmmaker but Inglorious Bastards made me write him off as far as wanting to see more of his films. I did see Once Upon a Time and LOVED it up to the last ten minutes which were frankly just stupid.
    As someone who grew up in the area when the Tate murders happened, in that exact era, I hate treating real life horror as revenge fantasy, it's puerile and adolescent. I was a kid when it happened but I remember the
    newcasts and newspapers and it sickened me as a kid, that there was that much evil out there.
    I can see where you're coming from, but I also feel that the "flashback" scenes to the time of the concentration camps and when they were rounding people up, really help illustrate the horrible atrocities that happened and that people really were treated like that.

I think I have two more episodes left to watch. I'll probably finish up tonight.

10. Collapse Details
    I tried watching Hunters and got disgusted after episode one.
    Right there with you - maybe not disgust as much as incredulous. I actually started watching it last night... wasn't a fan of the main character... but made it through episode one... thinking it had interesting plot. But by end of 1 and then beginning of episode 2 and had to shut it off & find something else.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast