Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    So food delivery is an high risk business with potential trigger happy preppers and looting gangs.

I just stay by barbed-wire, pitfalls, booby traps and flame throwers.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Coughlin View Post
    The ammo is moreso to protect from theft and home invasions if things get worse, such as people stealing food if there is a food shortage. In the movie Contagion, which is rather realistic, there’s a scene where Matt Damon hears gunshots from a neighbor’s house, calls 911, but there is an automated message for 911 saying due to the high volume of calls no one is available. He then breaks into a different neighbor’s vacant house and grabs their shotgun as apparently he didn’t own a gun. Nothing else happens which in reality is likely, but with no 911 and an increase of people stealing to get basic necessities, guns could become more necessary for survival. On shows like The Walking Dead even the kids are carrying around guns, and not primarily to fight off zombies. Things probably won’t get so bad that theft and looting homes becomes common but they could and better prepared than unprepared.
    In Europe they have a thing called "society" it is where people in the same area work together to help each other. It works very well. Everyone helps each other.
    You might want to try that in the US?

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jamedia.uk View Post
    In Europe they have a thing called "society" it is where people in the same area work together to help each other. It works very well. Everyone helps each other.
    Most countries have society including the U.S. I was talking about if society breaks down, which could happen anywhere under certain circumstances, including Europe.

Recall WWII where Europe was fighting against itself and women and children were shooting guns to defend their lives.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jamedia.uk View Post
    I guess that happened after World War I and II.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Coughlin View Post
    Most countries have society including the U.S. I was talking about if society breaks down, which could happen anywhere under certain circumstances, including Europe.

Recall WWII where Europe was fighting against itself and women and children were shooting guns to defend their lives.
    WW2 wan't civil war. It was a war between Armies and nations. There were very few civilian women and children fighting to defend their lives. Also society did not break down even then. In fact the opposite happened in most parts of Europe. Incidentally the EU was one of the results of WW2

In Italy, Germany, France, Spain and the UK which are some way further along the curve with the virus compared to the USA there has been no social breakdown. Not even in Norther Italy.
    The US seems to be more a lot of individuals living inthe same area.

OTOH were are talking a different set of problems: Europe generally has free national health systems that cover 100% of the population which has helped somewhat.
    I understand that 20% (and rising) of the US population don't have health cover.
    So how does the US society handle these sort of epidemics?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    I guess that happened after World War I and II.

No.Society did not break down in WW2. nor WW1 In fact in WW1 most of the fighting was quite localised and neither the UK nor the US saw any fighting. It was mainly in parts of France.
    Edit it was more widespread than that https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...of_World_War_I but still tended to be localised and did not cause any breakdown of societies. As there was no air warfare as we have now there were no bombardments of civilian areas.
    That was in WW2 Bombing of civilian areas did not cause the breakdown of society in either the UK or Germany.

7. Collapse Details
    And that is exactly what will get this thread closed. How about everybody quits trying to tell everyone else how to run their own country and casting aspersions on others? That has no place here.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    If you work together to help each other then don't add fuel to the fire by saying, "You might want to try that in the US."

If your country was 40x bigger and added 250 million people then maybe you would be seeing things differently.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

9. Collapse Details
    I wish I had a bigger freezer. Mine is full. I hear freezers are low in stock and not sure I would want to spend on one either way.

10. Collapse Details
    Barry, I have just seen from your sig you have done a UX180 & UX190 book.... I was looking for another camera to work along side my AC90's for cooperate work ( in about 4 months time give current conditions :-) )
    IT was suggested to me that the HC-X1 is an UX180 in a different body Is it? Can I save myself about $1K and get the HC-1X or is there a better option? I did start a thread here to ask the question http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...ra-what-to-get
    (sorry for side tracking thread! Doo carry on... )

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast