Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by rob norton View Post
    A potato completely on its own would be doable but it definitely wouldn't taste good.
    As mentioned I've found I like sweet potatoes completely on their own. But yeah, regular potatoes, still trying to figure out what healthy things to add to it.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Coughlin View Post
    But yeah, regular potatoes, still trying to figure out what healthy things to add to it.
    Sky’s the limit there. Baked potatoes are amenable to just about anything you can throw at them. Black beans (especially Cuban style) work well. I made a big pot of meat sauce... sort of like bolognese but without the cream... which can be used over pasta, as a sloppy Joe, or over a baked potato. That last one was tonight’s dinner here.

I’ve even mashed hummus into a baked potato and found it to be worth repeating. And homemade hummus is so easy and relatively inexpensive, and is great to keep on hand for snacks and other things, like hummus-crusted baked chicken.

On the topic of things to make to last the coming weeks, I’ve found that falafel freezes and reheats very well. Same with pancakes and Belgian waffles. I’ll make huge batches of those at a time and freeze most of them.
    Nobody notices audio... until it's not there.

Find Me on Instagram

3. Collapse Details
    I like steamed broccoli or avocado slices on my baked potatoes. And yes a little butter and salt.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Coughlin View Post
    As mentioned I've found I like sweet potatoes completely on their own. But yeah, regular potatoes, still trying to figure out what healthy things to add to it.
    Yeah! 100% with that. Luv 'em!

Chris Young

5. Collapse Details
    Thank you, everyone. This is awesome. I will bookmark this.

My only contribution is:

scrambled eggs + sliced avocado + corn tortilla

easy, cheap, filling, healthy, tasty (pick any 5)

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex H. View Post
    Sky’s the limit there. Baked potatoes are amenable to just about anything you can throw at them. Black beans (especially Cuban style) work well. I made a big pot of meat sauce... sort of like bolognese but without the cream... which can be used over pasta, as a sloppy Joe, or over a baked potato. That last one was tonight’s dinner here.

I’ve even mashed hummus into a baked potato and found it to be worth repeating. And homemade hummus is so easy and relatively inexpensive, and is great to keep on hand for snacks and other things, like hummus-crusted baked chicken....
    I thinly slice a fresh potato - OK, it's several of them - then bake them. I do use a small amount of canola oil but sometimes I can do without it.

As to fish, I do the "mashed fish" sandwiches. Which are sort of like tuna fish, except with other types. For big budgets, take a hefty slice of salmon, light fry it on the pan. (or, can just semi-boil it but I don't like the boiled taste unless you make a soup out of it), then use a fork and mash it into a paste. Add spices, sauces, mayo to taste.

Oh and PhotoKina got canceled. They say they won't be able to do anything until June as Germany is under a, emergency situation at the moment. There were rumors that a lot of manufacturers that didn't get to show much at CP+ or the NAB would make it to Köln. But that's not to be.

PS. The total count of positives in Florida is 329, with slightly over a half in three Southeast Counties. A quarter is travel related, a quarter is contact with those already identified and about a half is "under investigation".

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    I thinly slice a fresh potato - OK, it's several of them - then bake them. I do use a small amount of canola oil but sometimes I can do without it.
    I should try that. My mom has made similar but with the less healthy butter, so canola or olive oil could be the solution there. I guess slicing the potato rather than just straight up baking it gives it a bit more outer cooking on the actual potato and not just the skin, for lack of a better term.

I bought some fish a couple weeks ago but then forgot about it and apparently fish goes bad quickly, so goodbye $10-$15 worth of fish. Sad story.

Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    Oh and PhotoKina got canceled. They say they won't be able to do anything until June as Germany is under a, emergency situation at the moment. There were rumors that a lot of manufacturers that didn't get to show much at CP+ or the NAB would make it to Köln. But that's not to be.

PS. The total count of positives in Florida is 329, with slightly over a half in three Southeast Counties. A quarter is travel related, a quarter is contact with those already identified and about a half is "under investigation".
    Please don't pollute our food topic with off-topic conversation.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by combatentropy View Post
    Thank you, everyone. This is awesome. I will bookmark this.

My only contribution is:

scrambled eggs + sliced avocado + corn tortilla

easy, cheap, filling, healthy, tasty (pick any 5)
    There are a lot quickies. I have a bodybuilding friend - mid-40's, 6'2", 230, jogs a lot. A few months ago, we ran into each other at a local supermarket and each picked two bags (on BOGO) of frozen Chinese food. I tell him, defreeze it in the microwave but then finish it on a frying pan or inside a countertop oven. He looks back, "It's faster in the microwave".

Then we went to Krispy Kreme and got a dozen each.

9. Collapse Details
    Since we're broadening the topic -

Living through a pandemic and being short on work are a great reason to appreciate the people around us more.

The spouse, the kids, the folks... life is short. Never been a better time to work on and enjoy your relationships. Maybe get in a little extra private time with the missus.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

10. Collapse Details
    In 9 months will there be a different surge at hospitals?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast