Page 15 of 60 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Krumlauf View Post
    Do you think we will get to a point where the major cities will start looting and it will be chaos?

Fun Fact: This scene was filmed in Western Springs, Illinois which is about 10min from Naperville where I grew up. I was living there still when they filmed this and saw soderbergh a few times with his Red One

I don't think there will be looting because so far law enforcement is looking robust as is the supply chain of essential foods. As long as welfare can keep people solvent, we'll be ok.

2. Collapse Details

3. Collapse Details
    Sobering statistics. Worldwide, the death rate from cases has been holding steady at about four percent for weeks now. In Italy it's closing in on ten percent. If half the world's population got infected and four percent died that's 140 million people. That's three times the population of Canada. For comparison, 85 million people died in WWII. 50 million in the Spanish Flu.
    "Money doesn't make films...You just do it and take the initiative." - Werner Herzog

4. The post by Eric Coughlin is hidden due to low votes. Click the arrow to the right to expand it.

5. Collapse Details
    Eric, just admit you want coronavirus for the chicks.
    "Money doesn't make films...You just do it and take the initiative." - Werner Herzog

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Batutta View Post
    Eric, just admit you want coronavirus for the chicks.
    "Just got my tests back and I'm clean."
    *Meets up*
    A few weeks later...
    "I have HIV now! You told me you were clean!"
    "I meant clean of Coronavirus."
    *Law & Order dun dun sound*

On the dating apps now half of the conversations revolve around Coronavirus. And then I wonder, "Can I still ask these women out or are we on lockdown?" If the latter, then this is all just idle chatter.

I need to download Call of Duty and connect with some gamer friends. I haven't gamed much lately and am not a huge gamer overall, but it's a good time to get back to it.
    Last edited by Eric Coughlin; 03-20-2020 at 02:17 PM.

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    You would think that at some point the hoarding would start to subside and things get "back to normal" in that regard, but from just my observations around me, it hasn't. Certain categories of supplies: bread, soup, cleaning products, paper products, meat, are still in very high-demand and short supply. Oddly, milk and bottled water seems to be available, which are two things that normally disappear first. Driving by the meat distribution warehouse today, it was worse than I have seen it all week, which has been a completely full parking lot(normal is 0-4 cars at any random time). Not only was the parking lot full, but there was a line at least 15 deep waiting to get in. After picking up lunch and driving back by about 15-20 mins later, it was still the same.

8. Collapse Details
    Don't know if this has been posted, yet, but several hours ago it came out that an NBC sound man has died, because of exposure to covid-19. One of my friends said that he was his audio guy back in the 90's. Sad. And a day or two ago, we found out that a reporter we used to work with was diagnosed with CV from her exposure covering the early nursing home outbreak in Seattle.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    Don't know if this has been posted, yet, but several hours ago it came out that an NBC sound man has died, because of exposure to covid-19. One of my friends said that he was his audio guy back in the 90's. Sad. And a day or two ago, we found out that a reporter we used to work with was diagnosed with CV from her exposure covering the early nursing home outbreak in Seattle.
    RIP. And god speed her recovery

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Coughlin View Post
    Then again, I never really thought of Canada.

....."Americans don't even think of you."
    Nice. Thankfully our federal and provincial governments and health authorities do.

Page 15 of 60 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast