Page 14 of 60 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Here's a good visualization of how this thing is spreading:

https://youtu.be/I5-dI74zxPg

(From the guy who did the porch thief deterrent videos).

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    That's how I always visualized it too (with any germs).

It would be good to show a 1-2 minute compressed info/ shorter version to people, especially the hands washing.

Many require visuals to learn/understand.

3. Collapse Details
    They finally brought up a point on the news that has been bugging me. If you get a parcel, it can be contaminated. They said leave it alone for 24 hours. Then the same holds true for your groceries and take out. They said to put the takeout in the microwave to reheat it to kill the bug. But of course, you have to assume that by handling the takeout, you are contaminated and need to rewash your hands. Trying to stay uncontaminated is really hard. So anytime you want to eat or touch your face, you need to take steps.

The groceries are contaminated. That either means all your uncooked food has to remain untouched for 24 hours or all the food you eat needs to be cooked.

We are going to implement the plan. All mail and parcels will stay in the garage for over 24 hours. Most foods will be cooked. We'll still eat fresh fruit, but give it the 24+ hour treatment.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
    They finally brought up a point on the news that has been bugging me. If you get a parcel, it can be contaminated. They said leave it alone for 24 hours. Then the same holds true for your groceries and take out. They said to put the takeout in the microwave to reheat it to kill the bug. But of course, you have to assume that by handling the takeout, you are contaminated and need to rewash your hands. Trying to stay uncontaminated is really hard. So anytime you want to eat or touch your face, you need to take steps.

The groceries are contaminated. That either means all your uncooked food has to remain untouched for 24 hours or all the food you eat needs to be cooked.

We are going to implement the plan. All mail and parcels will stay in the garage for over 24 hours. Most foods will be cooked. We'll still eat fresh fruit, but give it the 24+ hour treatment.
    I read that covid19 could live up to 24 hours on cardboard. Up to 3 days on plastic or metal.

I feel like the best you can do is minimize the viral load you receive and maximize your immune system health. If you live in a densely populated area, you will probably be exposed. But if you are immunocompromised, I would quarantine goods for longer than 24 hours if possible.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/17/h...-aerosols.html

5. Collapse Details
    Do you think we will get to a point where the major cities will start looting and it will be chaos?

Fun Fact: This scene was filmed in Western Springs, Illinois which is about 10min from Naperville where I grew up. I was living there still when they filmed this and saw soderbergh a few times with his Red One

Cameras
    Sony HDW-F900R Cinealta Cinema ENG Camera
    Sony HVR-Z1u HDV Camera

LENSES
    CANON HJ21x7.5 T2.1 HD-EC CINE ZOOM LENS (Keslow Modified)
    Zeiss Digizoom 6-24mm T1.9 Cinema Lens

Recorders
    AJA Kona 3 PCIe 4:4:4 Dual Link Card W/ Breakout Box
    Panasonic AJ-HD1400 DVCPRO HD VTR

Accessories
    Astro DM-3000 HD-SDI Monitor
    Astro DM-3005 HD-SDI Monitor
    Benro Fluid Head Tripod
    Chrosziel MB 450-01 & CLWAH-F4,5 Matte Box

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Krumlauf View Post
    Do you think we will get to a point where the major cities will start looting and it will be chaos?
    It's possible if people will need to to survive and/or realize they have nothing to live for anymore.

(But I don't think we'll get to that point.)

7. Collapse Details
    Matt Gottshalk - Director/ Dp/ and Emmy Award Winning Editor
    Producer/Director, Digital Creative for the United States Postal Service

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    If the lockdown drags on and folks run out of supplies and money, it would be inevitable. That's the main reason Congress is trying desperately to pass legislation and start handing out monthly checks to people.
    "Money doesn't make films...You just do it and take the initiative." - Werner Herzog

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgeedigital View Post
    If that's what you think chaos is then I'll take that vs. what really could lie ahead.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Batutta View Post
    If the lockdown drags on and folks run out of supplies and money, it would be inevitable .
    I agree.

Lockdown for (a) short period(s) of time is ok in order to mitigate the medical logistical disaster of getting many people sick at the same time.
    But we can't "stay hiding in our caves" forever, we need to face the virus.
    Probably the best strategy is having "lockdown - release" cycles until we either build-up enough immunity or find a vaccine. Also, the virus may go dormant for periods of time or becomes less dangerous due to natural selection.

Page 14 of 60 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast