Page 21 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by cyvideo View Post
    hairdressers and beauticians
    Why?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Strange indeed? I guess if you have to sign out you might as well look your best. The latest news, full of confusion re schools with different States saying different things!

Chris Young

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEWoAqEw6LY
    Last edited by cyvideo; 03-22-2020 at 05:49 PM. Reason: added to

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Cary Knoop View Post
    Why?
    "Money doesn't make films...You just do it and take the initiative." - Werner Herzog

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by cyvideo View Post
    Just woken up to the news that some States here in Oz have instituted border controls. If you cross a State line you go into 14 isolation. It's only a matter of time before all States introduce the same steps.

Chris Young.
    My best mate drove from Melbourne to Sydney yesterday to collect his fiancee, who'd flown up there to help her sister out - he's trying to rush her home before the borders are locked down. Tense stuff.

I've just had the last of my jobs for the next three months indefinitely postponed.

Interesting times ahead. I'm going to see if I can return to my publishing origins for the time being and pickup some writing work.

5. Collapse Details
    One of my buddies had CBS News reach out to him earlier for a crew inquiry and said this is how they are doing things, now:

Can only conduct interviews outdoors
    Must be at least 6 feet from the person being interviewed
    Must use either a boom mic or hand the interviewee a hand-held mic, then wipe it down once done
    Cannot enter hospitals.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    "South Korea avoided locking down any city, but only by moving early and with extraordinary speed. In January, the country had four companies making tests, and as of March 9 had tested 210,000 citizens the equivalent of testing 2.3 million Americans.

As of the same date, fewer than 9,000 Americans had been tested.

Everyone who is infected in South Korea goes into isolation in government shelters, and phones and credit card data are used to trace their prior movements and find their contacts. Where they walked before they fell ill is broadcast to the cellphones of everyone who was nearby.

Anyone even potentially exposed is quarantined at home; a GPS app tells the police if that person goes outside. The fine for doing so is $8,000."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/22/h....co/Q5R7lEdmc8

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    Has anyone tried to order anything from Amazon today? I presume they must just be overwhelmed beyond anything they could have ever imagined and are trying to prioritize "essential" items. I just jumped on to order an optical audio cable for one that failed the other night(I know, not exactly an essential item given our current state) and I was about to click BUY when I noticed the delivery date wasn't for this Tuesday, it actually said Tuesday April 21st. Then I started clicking around on some other items and out of eight or 10 items I checked, only two gave delivery dates of this week(3/26). Everything else was April 21st.

8. Collapse Details
    I ordered some stuff from Amazon which was supposed to be here around a week ago but it keeps getting delayed.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Coughlin View Post
    I ordered some stuff from Amazon which was supposed to be here around a week ago but it keeps getting delayed.
    I know they announced recently they need to hire 100,000 new workers. Must be getting crushed.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    Has anyone tried to order anything from Amazon today? I presume they must just be overwhelmed beyond anything they could have ever imagined and are trying to prioritize "essential" items. I just jumped on to order an optical audio cable for one that failed the other night(I know, not exactly an essential item given our current state) and I was about to click BUY when I noticed the delivery date wasn't for this Tuesday, it actually said Tuesday April 21st. Then I started clicking around on some other items and out of eight or 10 items I checked, only two gave delivery dates of this week(3/26). Everything else was April 21st.
    Amazon Prime delivery delays are now as long as a month (Vox)

Also Prime Pantry had no delivery dates. I put a few things in my cart but then could not check out, because Delivery Date is a required field and they were all grayed out.

Page 21 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast