Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by filmguy123 View Post
    I had the client ask about the postponed Indonesia shoot being ready with a final edit by Q4... implying a revisit to Indonesia by August or September timeframe. Possible, but I’m skeptical the world will be ready by then. Reports say COVID could linger in Indonesia for sometime, and I doubt we’ll have a vaccine by then.

Just throwing this out as it made me think how this could potentially affect our work longer term. The effects may linger even after the developed world regains footing... reflecting on this made me wonder if I’d be willing to go back out there again prior to the development and availability of a vaccine.
    Dr. Fauci says 1.5 years from about a month ago for a clinically tested, approved, effective vaccine and keep in mind, what's terrifying about this virus is the speed and agility it has already exhibited as it mutated into the L and S strains in less than 10 days. Any vaccine for this thing will be like the Influenza vaccine that
    they have to guess at each season to see which strains are prevalent in the patient population. They can't have dozens or hundreds of vaccines for one virus. In my years of work for Biotechs and Pharma, I never worked specifically on writing scripts and producing content specifically about viruses, it was mostly about
    research for cellular and molecular therapies, new drugs like Epogen, Neupogen and a few RA drugs like Enbrel. But I know enough to know that most of the population has unreasonable expectations of a "cure" for this, and that it's not so easy to get a handle on because of the rapid mutation factor.

I don't want to sound alarmist, but I don't think the world and life as we know it will ever be the same. The new normal is going to be very, very different. It's kind of statistically unusual that something like this hasn't happened already many, many times.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    On the upside, a good client called me yesterday, had me sign up for Zelle and paid me half of an invoice her company owed me. That was nice of her, she's struggling just as much as all of us and she has a staff of five who are at home, still working, and she's still paying. She's waiting for Disney to pay her.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    Any vaccine for this thing will be like the Influenza vaccine that they have to guess at each season to see which strains are prevalent in the patient population.
    That is unlikely, the mutation rates for coronaviruses is moderate and not even close to that of the influenza virus.

4. Collapse Details
    Dr. Fauci says 1.5 years from about a month ago for a clinically tested, approved, effective vaccine and keep in mind, what's terrifying about this virus is the speed and agility it has already exhibited as it mutated into the L and S strains in less than 10 days.

''''''''''''''''''''''
    I don't want to sound alarmist, but I don't think the world and life as we know it will ever be the same. The new normal is going to be very, very different. It's kind of statistically unusual that something like this hasn't happened already many, many times.
    In the UK the estimation is also 12-18 months for a vaccine. Listen to the medical experts not the politicians.
    Also the planning looks like 6-12 months for self quarantine/restricted movement. Restarting in Q4 is looking doubtful.
    The world will be changing a lot, permanently, as will a lot of working patterns.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Cary Knoop View Post
    That is unlikely, the mutation rates for coronaviruses is moderate and not even close to that of the influenza virus.
    I read and heard on NPR that the first mutation of the virus occured in less than 10 days. Seems pretty efficient to me?

6. Collapse Details
    I read and heard on NPR that the first mutation of the virus occured in less than 10 days. Seems pretty efficient to me?
    All viruses mutate, but coronaviruses mutate a lot less than the influenza virus.

Since you quote NPR:

Coronaviruses differ from flu viruses in another key way that reduces the number of mutations. They proofread their own genomes when they copy themselves, cutting out things that don't seem right. "They maintain this ability to keep their genome pretty much intact," says Vineet Menachery, a virologist at the University of Texas Medical Branch. "The mutations that they incorporate are relatively rare."

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...lem-for-humans

And today in the news:

Scientists studying the novel coronavirus’s genetic code say it does not appear to be mutating quickly, suggesting any vaccine developed for it will likely remain effective in the long term.
    Peter Thielen, a molecular geneticist at the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory, told The Washington Post that there are only about four to 10 genetic differences between the strains infecting people in the U.S. and the virus that emerged in Wuhan, China.
    “That’s a relatively small number of mutations for having passed through a large number of people,” he told the newspaper. “At this point the mutation rate of the virus would suggest that the vaccine developed for SARS-CoV-2 would be a single vaccine, rather than a new vaccine every year like the flu vaccine.”

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...t-respond-to-a

7. Collapse Details
    Icelandic scientists claim they have found forty different mutations of Covid-19--

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coron...pwG?li=BBoPRmx
    "Money doesn't make films...You just do it and take the initiative." - Werner Herzog

8. Collapse Details
    It was announced that freelancers and gig economy people will get unemployment benefits from the $2 trillion package.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
    It was announced that freelancers and gig economy people will get unemployment benefits from the $2 trillion package.
    Will this country for LLC if you are a sole proprietor?

10. Collapse Details
    It's not clear. Small businesses will get loans. This is what the NY Times reported: "the program was broadened to include freelancers, furloughed employees and gig workers, such as Uber drivers."

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast