Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    1. First, toilet paper. i don't understand why people don't just buy a $30 bidet from amazon if they are worried. Bidets are the best, anyway. TMI? I think not. Bidet for life, my friends.

2. Jobs. Yeah. This sucks, I'm a little worried. I flew home from Indonesia early on my own volition - client and I mutually cancelled. The footage I was sent to get was drying up, everyone wearing masks and hiding inside, closed facilities, etc. Got out just before they closed Bali to foreigners and closed Taiwan borders. Yes, you can still LEAVE Bali, and yes, you can still transit THROUGH Taiwan. But EVA Air started cancelling flights left and right. Doesn't matter if you can technically transit through if the commercial flight options evaporate, and things are just getting crazier by the day.

So where does that leave me? Well, its leave me with one pack of toilet paper, a bidet, and wondering where I'm going to find any new work for a while. I guess I'll catch up on stock footage as I'm woefully behind and try to edit a bunch of loose ends, redo my contract, website which is older than Moses, etc. But who knows how long this will last? We can only sustain so long burning into savings. I'd go work on a passion project, but then, we can't really all be working together under self quarantine.

Part of me wants to run out and get COVID on purpose, then self isolate, so I become immune until next year, than I can at least go about business without worries of infecting anyone. Who knows, maybe I already have it from flying all over the world and am one of the asymptomatic ones. At least Half Life Alyx VR comes out this week, good time to disappear for a while without any guilt!

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by filmguy123 View Post
    Part of me wants to run out and get COVID on purpose, then self isolate, so I become immune until next year, than I can at least go about business without worries of infecting anyone.
    Welcome back. This is still the big question. Does contracting Covid-19 result in immunity like some other flus? I've tried to find an answer to it and all I've been able to dig up is that several patients in China who recovered (i.e. tested negative twice in a row) were later tested again and found to be infected. Whether that was the result of a new infection or a lingering viral presence from their first infection isn't clear.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickHitRecord View Post
    Welcome back. This is still the big question. Does contracting Covid-19 result in immunity like some other flus? I've tried to find an answer to it and all I've been able to dig up is that several patients in China who recovered (i.e. tested negative twice in a row) were later tested again and found to be infected. Whether that was the result of a new infection or a lingering viral presence from their first infection isn't clear.
    There's a good chance that this one mutates and getting it is no guarantee you won't get it again.
    Matt Gottshalk - Director/ Dp/ and Emmy Award Winning Editor
    Producer/Director, Digital Creative for the United States Postal Service

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by filmguy123 View Post

Part of me wants to run out and get COVID on purpose, then self isolate, so I become immune until next year, than I can at least go about business without worries of infecting anyone."
    I do hope this is a joke (and not a funny one). If its not a joke, this is a very dangerous mindset.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    I'm not sure - when the tests become available, those with immunity will have a real advantage in jobs. Tonights news - our Government are going to cover 80% of the salary of people who cannot work. So my son, sent home initially for 4 weeks on zero pay, will (should) now get 80% of his money from the Government. No doubt they'll have to recoup it over the years as extra tax, but here, so many people have lost their jobs. Me - I still won't get anything. In fact - there is s small chance I can get 73 a week, but I have to wait 4 weeks after an interview, and of course you can't get an interview!

6. The post by Eric Coughlin is hidden due to low votes. Click the arrow to the right to expand it.

7. Collapse Details
    Getting the virus can lead to permanent lung damage. And we don't know what else.

This isn't the chicken pox, where moms will frequently hold a party whenever they find someone's kid has chicken pox.

And as said, there's no guarantee that getting it will make you immune.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

8. The post by Eric Coughlin is hidden due to low votes. Click the arrow to the right to expand it.

9. Collapse Details
    Well that's the point - can and may are all the things we can say right now because we don't know the full extent yet. The fact that they have already done studies that show permanent lung damage in "recovered" patients is enough for me to decide that I would prefer to avoid getting this virus until we at least know for sure.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

10. Collapse Details
    Just to be clear....is the conversation about:

1) Do everything you can to avoid this potentially deadly virus and do your part as a human not to endanger the lives of people for as long as possible.

2) Intentionally go out and give yourself a deadly virus that you, and most doctors, know very little about...then if you live, wait for the symptoms to go away then go on about your daily life in public assuming you can not still give it to others or contract it again (and could be completely wrong about both)...while at the same time (potentially) giving yourself permanent damage.

I just want to understand exactly what is being said. I could have misunderstood what people are saying.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast