Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I'm not sure if anyone has posted this here yet, but there's a helpful Facebook group for US-based industry freelancers entitled: Entertainment Industry workers affected by COVID-19

Many good resources posted there.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Batutta View Post
    Now's the time to get those shots of empty streets for apocalypse movie stock footage.
    I had thought the same about tourist sights. Would be a great time to shoot iconic landmarks etc. with no crowds!

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    Here in Ca., we are on total lockdown by state order. So there literally is nothing we can do to make money unless it's from home only.

I shot a video last night that I am editing today for a friend who has a quick solution for overflow patient isolation rooms so I flouted the stay at home rule and drove to his warehouse to shoot the video last night. We were very careful about distancing ourselves as I shot it
    and I'm editing it today so he can show County and State Health officials who are needing to implement more beds and patient isolation as this thing ramps up. No money but it feels better to do something to help my community than to sit around fretting over no income.

I discovered that Amazon is still hiring locally here, I think they are falling under "essential services" but working there is taking a big chance at much more exposure so I am on the fence. They are paying $18.00 per hour until 04/30 so it's tempting, making a grand or two beats making literally nothing, but it's
    a risk too. Any of you coming up with ways to make money being stuck at home?
    One of my audio guys was trying to get signed up with some of the delivery services, including Amazon and either he was too late to the party or they just wouldn't accept him for one reason or another. He also said today that they aren't even listing any warehouse jobs, even though we have several large distribution centers located here(3-4, now, I believe).

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbob View Post
    Getting a temporary job as a clinical lab tech or UPS driver. I wish I was joking.
    Make a POV doc of your experience! Seriously! And good luck!!!

5. Collapse Details
    I had the client ask about the postponed Indonesia shoot being ready with a final edit by Q4... implying a revisit to Indonesia by August or September timeframe. Possible, but I’m skeptical the world will be ready by then. Reports say COVID could linger in Indonesia for sometime, and I doubt we’ll have a vaccine by then.

Just throwing this out as it made me think how this could potentially affect our work longer term. The effects may linger even after the developed world regains footing... reflecting on this made me wonder if I’d be willing to go back out there again prior to the development and availability of a vaccine.

6. Collapse Details
    Getting laid off from my engineering job as projects are being delayed. Fortunately we are in OK financial shape with no debts and low cost of living. Looking forward to having time to work on a long term doc project I have hours of footage for.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Razz16mm View Post
    Getting laid off from my engineering job as projects are being delayed. Fortunately we are in OK financial shape with no debts and low cost of living. Looking forward to having time to work on a long term doc project I have hours of footage for.
    I just asked you about your job's status last week when you shared some info about it; it sounded okay...is that the same one?

8. Collapse Details
    NorBro- did you retire your "retired" sig and come out of retirement for Covid?

9. Collapse Details
    I didn't like how a signature extends your box. Just creates an unnecessary waste of space.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    I didn't like how a signature extends your box. Just creates an unnecessary waste of space.
    Also does the same if you have an avatar/picture. I noticed how much larger my text box became after adding the pic to mine, even with just a single line or two written.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast