1. Collapse Details
    Tech Questions About AU-VCVF10G EVF and Varicam LT
    Most of my questions are specifically regarding the AU-VCVF10G EVF (but could possibly be the same for VCVF20GJ), that I bought in absolute mint condition (ď0hrĒ run time in menu).

1. When I unpacked viewfinder and picked it up, I noticed a slight jostling or movement sound on the inside, when rotating it up and down. It seems like a function of the zoom or optical build. It doesn't sound like a screw rattling around, but more plasticky and lower. Is this normal? Just wanted to be sure.

2. When looking through the viewfinder, I notice a slight illuminated ring, or faded white halo outside of the image rectangle. The ring grows in diameter and becomes more faded as I zoom the image further back. I think itís the screen reflecting light back onto the viewfinder. Itís pretty subtle. Again, is this normal? I just wanted to be sure.

3. What firmware does your EVF have (if using VCVF10G, not VCVF20GJ)? I called Panasonic and they told me it was not user updatable, so wanted to know if that was the case.

4. I havenít been able to repeat the issue consistently, but there have been a few times when the viewfinder and control panel viewer display a super jittery image, like a low frame rate, high shutter effect. I have the camera set to VFR 23.98. If I change the frame rate to 60FPS and then back to 23.98 the jittering stops. Itís not an intermittent thing, just something that happened when I turned the camera on. Never happened with the EVF removed. Just wondering if anybody experienced this?

Any insight would be great. Thank you!

2. Collapse Details
    The slight click/rattle when turning it over in your hand is normal. I've never noticed your other issues with mine. There shouldn't be any stray light bouncing around creating reflections. Hard to know without seeing exactly what you're describing. And I've never encountered any jitter on mine.

3. Collapse Details
    Thank you so much for replying. The ring is on the periphery, very far from the image square. It's extremely subtle. But you're saying this isn't the case with yours? Also, do you have 10 or 20 model?

4. Collapse Details
    I think you are talking about the magnification ring. Yes you will be able to see that physical element moving inside, tho it is very subtle. If you pull your eye away from the VF and rotate the ring you can see it telescoping back and forth. I have the 10. And I am not sure what jittering would be happening. If it is only happening in VFR are you sure it isn't a normal motion cadence? If you're shooting in standard 23.98 and the screens are doing strange things maybe there's something going on.

5. Collapse Details
    The flickering strobing thing only happened a couple of times and I can’t replicate it now. It is definitely a software issue, because the strobing happened on the control panel screen too. I’m not worried about that.

The magnification ring is definitely what I’m talking about. So it appears to have a slight sheen to the material and that, in turn, catches a tiny bit of light off of the screen. Do you see what I’m talking about? You can see it when you pull your eye away. But when you put your eye in the viewfinder it blurs and nearly disappears. Does this make sense? Do you see this? Again, my unit was secondhand and looks brand new with 0hr runtime and shipping was extremely well packed. So, I’m just trying to rule out it being defective or something. Got a call into Panasonic tech support, but haven’t heard yet. Thanks for your help.