1. Collapse Details
    Loose glass in speedbooster
    So I just bought a speedbooster .64x and a rokinon 8mm. Iíve heard of this combo being compatible in the past. I hooked up the lens and booster, and the lens wasnít able to focus at all. I googled it and found the tutorials for adjusting the infinity focus. I unscrewed the screw on the side and rotated the glass 90 degrees. Then screwed the screw back in as much as I can but now the glass is loose?? Seems all the screws are tight but the glass in the middle is able to freely rotate around. Any fixes for this? Really confused and annoyed with my new purchase...

2. Collapse Details
    90%! That is a massive adjustment. Whenever I've found a Metabones Speed Booster to be out the adjustment required has been in the order of well less than a millimeter to obtain correct infinity focus. Are you sure you haven't rotated the lens so far that the locking grub screw is not engaging with the element group housing? There is only one tiny locking on any Metabones unit I have seen so am a bit confused when you say "... all the screws are tight." Just to be sure is this setup for a M4/3 seeing that the Rokinon 8mm is an APSC lens and the .64 booster is designed for APSC glass?

Chris Young

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by cyvideo View Post
    90%! That is a massive adjustment. Whenever I've found a Metabones Speed Booster to be out the adjustment required has been in the order of well less than a millimeter to obtain correct infinity focus. Are you sure you haven't rotated the lens so far that the locking grub screw is not engaging with the element group housing? There is only one tiny locking on any Metabones unit I have seen so am a bit confused when you say "... all the screws are tight." Just to be sure is this setup for a M4/3 seeing that the Rokinon 8mm is an APSC lens and the .64 booster is designed for APSC glass?

Chris Young
    I actually got it working. I didnít realize the glass screwed into the rest of the adapter and it had just come out of the grooves. Thanks for the response

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by cinebren View Post
    I actually got it working. I didn’t realize the glass screwed into the rest of the adapter and it had just come out of the grooves. Thanks for the response
    Yes I guess something along those lines must have happened.

Chris Young