Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Here's another review of the 20mm lens that has a bit more video. Looks like a nice lens to me.

2. Collapse Details
    I’m a video enthusiast, I would like to upgrade from my fs5 to a fx9. Getting the kit with the 28-135mm f/4 G
    My primary use is taking video of my family I have small kids.
    I would like to invest around $10k in lenses, which ones do you guys recommend ?
    Also I’m using a zoom f6 for audio.With a rode ntg3 mic

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercer2 View Post
    I’m a video enthusiast, I would like to upgrade from my fs5 to a fx9. Getting the kit with the 28-135mm f/4 G
    I would like to invest around $10k in lenses, which ones do you guys recommend ?
    Assuming you don't have any lenses already, you may as well jump straight into Sony E-mount lenses.

Since you'll already have the kit lens for general use & run & gun, I'd get the 16-35 to cover your wide shots, a 50ish mm prime, and then the 200-600mm for when they play sports. You should invest in a solid tripod as well.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercer2 View Post
    You're going to buy an FX-9 to shoot home videos? Based upon my experience, it's way too large and heavy to work successfully as a home video camera. If it were me, I would never haul that
    beast to soccer games, Disneyland, the beach, etc. Once you put the lens on, the larger battery and cards, it's not super heavy for a pro camera but for a home camera, yikes.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by theraptor56 View Post
    Assuming you don't have any lenses already, you may as well jump straight into Sony E-mount lenses.

Since you'll already have the kit lens for general use & run & gun, I'd get the 16-35 to cover your wide shots, a 50ish mm prime, and then the 200-600mm for when they play sports. You should invest in a solid tripod as well.
    Thanks I have a very sturdy tripod with a fluid head, For lenses even though I have a new collection of Nikon lenses for my z7. They don’t work well for video.

When they do soccer games etc I just take a SOLOSHOT 3.
    When we do racing I take a big camera.
    I also like making time lapses, and most of all I like to thinker with the camera, streaming live etc.
    I really got spoiled with the Variable nd of the fs5, but the poor 4K performance is what made me upgrade.
    For me is a hobby, I even have an ingest station on my server room in my house.

IMG_0292.jpg
    IMG_0293.jpg
    Last edited by Mercer2; 04-08-2020 at 01:20 AM.

6. Collapse Details
    Uh- huh. Right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12