Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I have used Lexar 1000 cards since I had my GH5 and have had no problems. Were you using Panasonic batteries? Was the power low ?

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Evans View Post
    I have used Lexar 1000 cards since I had my GH5 and have had no problems. Were you using Panasonic batteries? Was the power low ?
    I have a couple other Lexar cards and have never had any problems. There's always a first time, however. Yes, I was using a Panasonic battery, but the power was not low.

I have since reformatted the 256GB SD card that got trashed when the GH5 crashed, and it is now in the B slot. I have a 128GB Lexar card in the A slot.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKo View Post
    I have a couple other Lexar cards and have never had any problems. There's always a first time, however. Yes, I was using a Panasonic battery, but the power was not low.

I have since reformatted the 256GB SD card that got trashed when the GH5 crashed, and it is now in the B slot. I have a 128GB Lexar card in the A slot.
    were you using a battery grip? I got an MDT file when I pulled the grip battery while recording before the camera automatically switched over to the internal battery.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by estarkey7 View Post
    were you using a battery grip? I got an MDT file when I pulled the grip battery while recording before the camera automatically switched over to the internal battery.
    No, I don't have a battery grip, but that is an interesting thought. What if there is a bad contact for the battery, and not a bad contact for the SD card? Perhaps that is what caused my crash.

I have been using the camera since, and it has worked perfectly. This included a time-lapse yesterday with 6,800 photos.

5. Collapse Details
    Lexar cards are the source of many problems on Panasonic cards. Either there are a ton of counterfeits being made of it, or they are just total junk cards not worthy of use if they were free. It's not a matter of if they will fail, it's when, and how much footage you'll lode when it happens.

6. Collapse Details
    Not my experience at all. All my cards are Lexar 128G 1000X. I have 8 of them and not a single problem in the years I have had them since I bought the GH5 when it first came out some years ago. I shoot exclusively in UHD 60P 150Mbps. All my camera batteries are Panasonic too. For long shoots I use an external battery system.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    The Lexar cards are giving the Panasonic S series fits. Also, if you review B&H, Amazon and Adorama, there you'll find a bevy of complaints against the cards as a whole. So much so I don't even use my 256GB Lexar x1666 card anymore.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    The problem with reviews is one does not know the cards being referred to. They could be any of the Lexar cards. If you look at the Lexar reviews on B&H some actually quote an older card when the reviews are under the 1000x section. Strange mix of people like me who are very happy with the cards and give 5 stars then someone with 1 star. I only have experience of one particular class the 1000X and as I said have had no problems with 8 of them in over two years. Recording UHD 60P on the GH5 and GH5S. I have read reviews of peoples complaints only to find out they were using the wrong cards for camera for instance or the wrong speed rating, larger than specified by manufacturer, battery died , etc. Honestly I am more inclined to assume user error in some way since I have had no issues with any SD card from any manufacturer, Lexar, Sony, Sandisk due to the card. I caused a problem by changing a battery without switching off the camera when using the battery grip ( only do that once, card was fine but as you may know file left is not readable. Not a problem for me as I had several backups running too )

9. Collapse Details
    Yeah, I hear ya. After my post, I ran a test with the Lexar x1666 V60 card writing 400Mbps ALL-I with my GH5S andmy S1H. The GH5S recorded for over 15 minutes before I stopped it, but the S1H only recorded for only 2 minutes before it stopped. I also ran this test with the FreeTail Evoke v60 cards and I knew I had recorded until the card had filled up, but the Evoke ran two minutes also.

So who is wrong? Two cameras with the same specs, with the same cards. One completed and the other stopped prematurely? Is it the card or the camera?

10. Collapse Details
    I thought the recommended cards for the S1H were V90. https://pro-av.panasonic.net/en/cine...logue_v1.0.pdf. I have seen somewhere else too but it is mentioned here. That may be the issue for you. The cameras can sense the speed rating and manufacturer too. I think the recommended card for the GH5S for 400Mbps ALL i is also V90
    Last edited by Ron Evans; 04-18-2020 at 05:10 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast