Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Deep fakes are getting scary...
    This is the first one I've seen where if you didn't tell someone it was faked, they probably wouldn't think anything was off about the video. When Back to the Future gets rebooted (and we all know it's just a matter of time), Tom Holland should have a lock on playing Marty.

"Money doesn't make films...You just do it and take the initiative." - Werner Herzog

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Scary! Also, interesting how hard all of the lighting is. Really defined shadows everywhere.

3. Collapse Details
    Bogie and Bergman, please.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    This was pretty well done:

How they did it (pretty fast):

Tons of tools, more and more with full source code: https://github.com/iperov/DeepFaceLab

Note that some folks will cry "deep fake" when exposed for crimes, however other supporting evidence will make the difference in showing the truth (whichever way it goes). Also much activity in deep fake detection: https://github.com/topics/deepfake-detection

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Batutta View Post
    This is the first one I've seen where if you didn't tell someone it was faked, they probably wouldn't think anything was off about the video. When Back to the Future gets rebooted (and we all know it's just a matter of time), Tom Holland should have a lock on playing Marty.

This is freaking me the hell out. It looks so good.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

6. Collapse Details

Wow I find this quite spooky. Really spooky in fact. When it gets to the point you can't trust what your eyes are telling you is the truth we are indeed entering a new reality. One that may or may not even exist? Which is it?

Chris Young

7. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cyvideo View Post
    Wow I find this quite spooky. Really spooky in fact. When it gets to the point you can't trust what your eyes are telling you is the truth we are indeed entering a new reality. One that may or may not even exist? Which is it?

Chris Young
    Every super hero movie has incredible CGI. Even 'normal' movies with decent budgets can have quite a bit of CGI (watching the credits you might wonder what all the CGI was used for). Is MSM (mainstream media) real or fake news- how many times have they been caught fabricating stories or using video or photos that were not part of the story? (and/or faking e.g. storm or war footage) https://www.bbc.com/news/world-42487425

One of my day job tasks last year was to research tools and tech to detect deep fakes. I realized that at some point the detectors won't be able to perform accurate detection. Not a problem, still fakes have been around forever, especially in the age of Photoshop. Questionable videos by themselves won't prove anything- need eye witnesses, chain of custody etc. Blockchain being integrated into cameras may help with chain of custody and tampering, however state level hacks can still get through such protections. So back to witnesses and additional evidence, as with digital photos.

Current phone apps can do real-time face replacement / swaps. Good enough to freak out cats!

Once you've seen a bit of this tech, nothing spooky at all (except maybe for cats lol).

8. Collapse Details

Chris Young

9. Collapse Details
    IMO, this allows for a quick digital scan of a "name" actor/actress and the entire film done with a body double. That way, Tom Cruise can appear in every film of 2020 (including comedy).

10. Collapse Details

They really knew how to light a movie back then. The more recent deep fakes seem to have issues matching the lighting and weird camera angles and moves.

That Keanu one really shows how much body language is something we actually pay attention to. The double for the Keanu part moves so differently, albeit more normal than Mr Reeves. Reeves always had a sort of awkwardness to his movements. Like as if eating food was something he had to figure out most days. Ironic that he plays some of our most iconic action heroes. Yet, i believe his odd movements to be similar to Cary Grant’s odd speach patterns. Being slightly more interesting to watch, that something is just a little off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast