1. Collapse Details
    Not a new scam, but a persistent one.
    I recently got a request through a contact form on my site for a job. I created an estimate even though the details were sketchy, and got this in response:

"The price is okay with me and I am ready to make a down payment of 50% now with my credit card so i can be rest assured the date is secured for the event, I need you to render me a favor regarding the event planner that is handling the event for me. The favor is that the event planner is currently not authorized to accept credit card so I want you to help with his fee on my card along with your payment. I will give you my card to charge for your service and the event planner fee (You will charge your fee then charge an additional $1850 for the event planner) As soon as you charge it through and it approves you will get a money order of $1850 with cash and have it deposited to his bank account so everything can be set for the event, the reason i am asking you for the favor is because i just got out of Intensive care and my psychiatrist strongly advise me to minimize the stress i go through else i might develop severe weakness and tiredness. I am willing to offer you an extra $100 as tip for your assistance, I will be authorizing all the charges. "

Stay critical of this stuff, folks.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Yep. scam. I had someone try that on me a while back. I had him mail me the money order first just so the douchebag would have to spend money on the stamp.
    Jaime VallÚs
    AJV Media
    Video, Photography & Graphic Design: www.ajvmedia.com

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Haha, nice. As soon as I saw "a favor regarding the event planner," I stopped reading or responding.

4. Collapse Details
    Besides the obvious scheme of trying to get you to give him your money, there is something in using English - very common among crooks that gives them away :-)
    (Nigeria?)

5. Collapse Details
    Yes, definitely not a native English speaker. And, using an out of state area code and an out of country email account.