Page 231 of 231 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231
Results 2,301 to 2,305 of 2305
  1. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    1,094
    Default
    It's interesting your choice of words, that you are not crazy about it, James not liking it, but afaik neither of you disputing the actual findings. James had a reason for hating it, that it gave his bosses fuel to say they didn't need new cameras. What's yours?


    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
    Senior Member James0b57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,342
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Roper View Post
    http://yedlin.net/ResDemo/

    Sorry James. (He hates this demonstration).


    2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    7,797
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Roper View Post
    I have it playing in another window. What I had forgotten is when he toggles between the 2k and the 6k images, the choice of scaling algorithm made the bigger difference in the perception of spatial fidelity than pixel size. Which illustrates the flaw in your comparison, because you are not only comparing the difference caused by the number of pixels, but also the fact that one image has an internal scaling algorithm (4k) from the camera that the other image (8k) does not.
    No flaws. This is as simple and straightforward as a real world test gets without any pseudoscience.

    I'm surprised you're even questioning it given how consistent and common it has been by everyday editors in the last decade.

    You literally cannot have a more straightforward test without trying to influence viewers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Roper View Post
    It's interesting your choice of words, that you are not crazy about it, James not liking it, but afaik neither of you disputing the actual findings. James had a reason for hating it, that it gave his bosses fuel to say they didn't need new cameras. What's yours?
    Because I have zero interest in having a conversation with you about it.

    I don't care about the findings or your opinions.

    I just want to enjoy my own camera in my own way.


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
    Senior Member ahalpert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,542
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Clermond View Post
    I got the same feedback from various audiences amateurs and pros when I showed a preview of the R5 4K HQ footage: looks great, it’s very sharp.

    Presentation was 1080 on vimeo.
    This answers my question - Clermond is shooting it in 4K HQ. I don't think that recording in 8K is the #1 reason most video shooters will buy the camera (although yes it downsamples from 8K)

    I'm not sure what your point is here, Clermond? That the footage looks good even in 1080 on vimeo? Many lower-resolution cameras get the same response (looks great, it's very sharp). Do you think its IQ made an impact?


    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,701
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    This answers my question - Clermond is shooting it in 4K HQ. I don't think that recording in 8K is the #1 reason most video shooters will buy the camera (although yes it downsamples from 8K)
    I got the camera on Thursday evening and I felt very bold to bring it for an assignment the next day. Yes, I shot 4KHQ that day 25p and 50p both. It doesn't have to be a forever plan. I'm flexible in all directions.

    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    I'm not sure what your point is here, Clermond? That the footage looks good even in 1080 on vimeo? Many lower-resolution cameras get the same response (looks great, it's very sharp). Do you think its IQ made an impact?
    my point is: you see the difference and quality of an oversampled image also when you display it in lower resolution. I made the same experience when I moved from the FS7 with a 4K sensor to the EVA1 with the oversampled 4K from the 5.7K sensor.

    I just reviewed the other footage and I thought I should have chosen the Inspire2 ProResRAW 5.2K over the 4K Mavic2 Pro. Unfortunately I had not time for the setup and the Mavic flies in 3 minutes.

    I can see some "issues" coming using the R5 as B-Cam with the softer C200. Maybe you need the 4K standard
    non overheating for that - all problems solved
    Last edited by Clermond; Today at 01:52 AM.


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Reply With Quote
     

Page 231 of 231 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •