Page 292 of 296 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293294295296 LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 2951
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    DGO doubles the readout time, no? I'm not sure canon is fast enough to do dgo 8K FF yet
    According to the CineD lab tests, the rolling shutter performance for the R5 sensor in 8K RAW is 15.5ms, which suggests that the sensor is actually capable of a full 8K (17:9 aspect ratio) readout at up to 60 fps. I assume that the reason the R5 doesn't support 8K 60 recording, is at least in part due to processing and thermal limitations. Just because the sensor readout is fast enough for this, doesn't necessarily mean that the rest of the image processing and recording pipeline is.

But you could imagine a DGO version of the sensor which does 8K up to 30 fps with DGO enabled and 8K up to 60 fps with DGO turned off. Now, if the DGO readout really does double the readout times, then the rolling shutter performance in DGO 8K wouldn't be great (31 ms), although perhaps they could make some improvements with another year of sensor development time.

Interestingly Canon's earlier prototypes of an 8K cinema camera had a Super 35 sensor, so it's unclear whether their first 8K cinema camera will be Super 35 or full frame:
    https://www.cined.com/canon-8k-cinem...ficial-footage

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Seeing a strange issue with random R6 clips in Premiere. Can you guys download one of my files and let me know if you see it in your NLE? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ybS...ew?usp=sharing

I'm seeing distortion/pixilation that looks akin to low bitrate 8-bit compression (detail blurred and harsh steps in gradations). Strange facts though: only appears on some shots, only appears in the upper part of the screen, only seems to be happening in Premiere (when I load the clips in VLC or other 3rd party apps, the problem is not visible.)

Here's a screengrab (the JPG compression and scaling here is making the top example look more like the bottom one. It looks much worse in Premiere. Orig screengrab here: https://postimg.cc/gxT4GKq3 )
    2020-10-09 r6 pixelation in premiere2020.jpg

3. Collapse Details
    looks okay in FCPX - and it seems a well-known Premiere issue. Are you in 10 bit mode?

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Clermond View Post
    looks okay in FCPX - and it seems a well-known Premiere issue. Are you in 10 bit mode?
    I don't know of a way to force it into any kind of 10-bit mode. I think if you import a 10-bit file it should just be edited in a 32-bit space like everything else in premiere. Where you seeing this issue document? I can't find any comments on it.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by drummondb View Post
    I don't know of a way to force it into any kind of 10-bit mode. I think if you import a 10-bit file it should just be edited in a 32-bit space like everything else in premiere. Where you seeing this issue document? I can't find any comments on it.
    I'm not a Premiere user, but this is what I have found, which I guess applies to Premiere's decoding of 10bit 4:2:2 H265 files, so the R6 included:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premi...1319405?page=1

For what it's worth decoding 10bit 4:2:2 H265 file seems to be a problem with a lot of apps and CPU's. For me in Davinci Resolve, the files just randomly go on and offline, but mainly stay offline. I end up having to transcode them with Media Encoder into ProRes files before I can edit or color them in Davinci Resolve.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy_Dem View Post
    I'm not a Premiere user, but this is what I have found, which I guess applies to Premiere's decoding of 10bit 4:2:2 H265 files, so the R6 included:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premi...1319405?page=1

For what it's worth decoding 10bit 4:2:2 H265 file seems to be a problem with a lot of apps and CPU's. For me in Davinci Resolve, the files just randomly go on and offline, but mainly stay offline. I end up having to transcode them with Media Encoder into ProRes files before I can edit or color them in Davinci Resolve.
    Thanks! I updated to Resolve Studio (so now I officially have a reason to learn Resolve, LOL). Free resolve wouldn't load the 265 clips, but studio DOES. They look correct now. Don't know what's up with Adobe, and why only some clips show the strange behavior, and only on the upper part of the frame! I can at least use resolve to transcode the camera files to ProRes or cineform to edit in Premiere.

7. Collapse Details
    Holy cow- canon is rumored to have autofocus tilt-shift lenses in the works: https://www.canonrumors.com/well-wel...anon+Rumors%29

Canon is playing chess and everyone else is playing checkers

8. Collapse Details
    I wish someone would design a 24-50 with constant tube like the Sigma 24-35. dream come true for a gimbal

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    Holy cow- canon is rumored to have autofocus tilt-shift lenses in the works: https://www.canonrumors.com/well-wel...anon+Rumors%29

Canon is playing chess and everyone else is playing checkers
    Those tilt shifts won’t be cheap.

The 35mm f/1.2 will be amazing.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by rob norton View Post
    Those tilt shifts won’t be cheap.

The 35mm f/1.2 will be amazing.
    Yeah I dont see myself actually buying an AF tilt-shift but the technological development is impressive.

The only thing about the f/1.2 lenses is that autofocus seems to suffer from the weight and complexity, though I'm not absolutely certain.

But Sigma makes a 35 f/1.2 for E mount that I investigated - gorgeous rendering. But apparently in video autofocus you can see the lens stepping through the focus range at discreet intervals. Maybe the canon will do better?

A lot of the f/1.8 lenses seem super speedy in autofocus. The sony 85 1.8 is apparently the fastest 85 of all.

Then you've got the tamron 70-180 f/2.8 which is supposed to be one of the fastest telephoto zooms for e mount for autofocus. Sigma was supposed to release their 70-200 earlier this year but then they delayed it to work more on the focus algorithm. My guess is that they realized the tamron would run circles around their heavy OS 70-200.

Autofocus complicates lens evaluations, that's for sure...

Page 292 of 296 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293294295296 LastLast